Alexander McQueen F/W 13.14 Paris

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
first looks

_D7Q0042.450x675.JPG
_D7Q0064.450x675.JPG
_D7Q0096.450x675.JPG

style.com

judging from the first 10 outfits on nowfashion, i think this is really a big NO! really tired of those same elements season after season:sick:

For people who called Balmain crap, I don't know what to call this... I am kind of sick of that strapless-puffy-sleeves look, there's a reason why everyone stayed clear of it after seeing Florence Welch in those clothes, it's simply not flattering at all.

Burton is such a one-trick pony when it comes to silhouettes. Pretty sure all she is capable of is a cinched in waist.
So boring.
So costume like
So god awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I thought the show was cancelled because Sarah was pregnant?

2. Were there only 10 looks in the collection?

3. I don't remember McQueen ever being such a one trick pony himself. How many times are we going to see these same looks and silhouettes come down the runway now? It seems with her, when all else fails, just add more fabric, volume and ruffles and tie it all up with some S&M gear.

The details are Out. Of. This. World.

However I wish she would at least do something else with the shapes. Enough with those puffy sleeves!

looks damned uncomfortable and tweaky - i don´t wanna wear even i got it complimentary - Ouch!:doh:

i like to be taken to other places every now and then and this collection did that in 10 looks. I thought it was beautiful and dream-like

I'm sucker for anything Elizabethian (I had a hardcore obsession with Tudor history when I was younger) and the details of this collection are insane. That being said I do agree with the general comments about it being slightly the same season after season. I still like it though, but it will be interesting to see how this gets watered down for the commercial pieces.

I'm sucker for anything Elizabethian (I had a hardcore obsession with Tudor history when I was younger) and the details of this collection are insane. That being said I do agree with the general comments about it being slightly the same season after season. I still like it though, but it will be interesting to see how this gets watered down for the commercial pieces.

I completely agree.

Non, non ET NON! If we forget about the exquisite details (which is the same collection after collection, in terms of exquisiteness and beautifulness) there's nothing to say except what's been said since FW11.

http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/...ander-mcqueen/collection/_D7Q0124.450x675.JPG <- this has got to be one of the most unflattering pieces of fabric sewn together i've ever seen

the rest, so far, is a mix between same old + wtf

HAHAHA totally agree! It's depressing...

This fit more for couture rather than a ready-to-wear. I am getting quite bored with her now. This doesn't even fit to the everyday women! While Alexander was here, he often alternate from a highly couture one season and a more ready-to-wear the next and focusing on tailoring. While this is just purely decoration!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->