Alexander McQueen F/W 13.14 Paris

This fit more for couture rather than a ready-to-wear. I am getting quite bored with her now. This doesn't even fit to the everyday women! While Alexander was here, he often alternate from a highly couture one season and a more ready-to-wear the next and focusing on tailoring. While this is just purely decoration!

Agree. That's what I loved about his collections. He wasn't all about the couture/costume.

Pre-Fall and Resort are way more interesting which is what celebs are wearing and customers are buying. Even McQ which has gone beyond t-shirts looks better than this. I'm getting so bored but because it's McQueen I don't want to say it.

1. I thought the show was cancelled because Sarah was pregnant?

2. Were there only 10 looks in the collection?

3. I don't remember McQueen ever being such a one trick pony himself. How many times are we going to see these same looks and silhouettes come down the runway now? It seems with her, when all else fails, just add more fabric, volume and ruffles and tie it all up with some S&M gear.

Haha well said.

Every season I hope to be pleased, every season, it is the opposite. I don't understand, her pre collections are good, there are wearable pieces that sort of speak to me. Then we get to the shows and it's all very stilted. Christ, the fabrics couldn't get more stilted or they would be walking down the runway themselves. Five years ago McQueen was clothes I wear to be bullet proof yet feminine, what Lee envisioned for women, now? All I see are trussed up and embellished dollies, better suited to hiding toilet rolls and sitting next to the cistern, with whom I don't relate to at all. I wish this wasn't the case, but there we go, something needs to change, pronto.

So basically 5 looks with a slight modification and calling it 10.

There are so many stunning techniques but there are so many of them smashed into one dress. One could easily separate them and make 4 other looks from one of these 5 presented.

Take looks 5 & 6:
- Make a bodysuit of the pearl mesh that is shown on the legs
- a short dress out of the bustier with the padded hips
- another from the black strips of silk with the pearl beading
- Something can come out of from the tighter mesh around the neck and shoulders.

I really can't help but love this.
I do get that there's Elizabethan elements because of the collars, but I feel like I'm seeing a lot of Restoration Era influences, as well as Victorian.

it's not that i dislike this i just dislike the redundancy. 6 years ago this probably would have been the best thing we saw. and i know mcqueen had a real knack for history but i don't recall it ever being quite this blatant. for somebody who was at mcqueen's side for as long as burton was, certainly she should have more answers than this. would love to see her experiment a bit more. we saw some great stuff from her in the pre-autumn collection,i wish that essence would have carried over into the mainline.

You'd think so wouldn't you?
I was re-watching McQueen's Givenchy Haute Couture from winter 1999 only yesterday and it really is blatant that the work you are seeing is the work of a genius. He could do things that only the few designers could do - he could create something modern and unique from a historical concept, he could take exquisite fabrics, unique silhouettes and stunning embellishments and combine them all to create a harmonious balance in a garment which at the same time flatters the wearer and makes them desireable to others.
That is a lot of criteria for the person designing under his name to accomplish.
As much as I consistently dislike Burton's work at McQueen, who would replace her? What designer in the world could do the brand justice?

Beautiful, but I expected a lot more. I'm kinda getting tired of the same elements and silhouettes every season, but I can't deny how beautiful the clothes look

For people who called Balmain crap, I don't know what to call this...

They're both hideous. There. I said it.

Can she just quit already? Maybe she could become a costume designer for "Game of Thrones" since she's constantly using pre-renainssance ideas of fashion. :innocent:

I love the execution as well, it was truly stunning 10 pieces. However, the silhouette repeatedly use season after season. I think it's about to move to a new shape.

Wow the pearl details are incredible. But other than that, I think it's time to shut this label down. You can't keep the aesthetic alive if you can't go beyond the gimmicky stuff. McQueen ventured far, but every once in a while he always came back. There were often wearable pieces from his collections, despite the initial gag reflex. With Burton, it's like "Oh Alexander would have done this, so I'll do it" - which is exactly what we would expect from her, but then that's all you got. You don't get the other stuff that I mentioned.

So not RTW, but I love it anyway. Everything's gorgeous (except for the feathers), and the detailing is insane.

The chainmail looks are cool and the details sublime.

But I do understand what people are saying about repetitiveness.

This is nothing new, but it's stagnant, and the idea is getting really old, Sarah

They're both hideous. There. I said it.

Can she just quit already? Maybe she could become a costume designer for "Game of Thrones" since she's constantly using pre-renainssance ideas of fashion. :innocent:

Thank you for saying it, thank you, I couldn't verbalize it this well:clap:

I'm so tired of her "same couple silhouettes but the details will make your eyes bleed" collections, she's been doing this kind if work since the beginning and while at first it packed the punch of the new, now it's just wearing us down and is getting mind numbing. People keep complaining about the Valentino duo being repetitive, but I think Sarah is far more guilty of it. I wish she would put more variety into her shows, even in the style.com review, it mentions she only used a few silhouettes. They usually praise her work on there but you know it's bad when they start bringing up the repetitive factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->