Alexis Mabille

ilaughead

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this designer? I just 'discovered him' earlier today. And it seems like he has incredible talent. From his website:
Twenty eight year old designer Alexis Mabille starts off on his own label: with IMPASSE 13 label, he inaugurates his unisex pants and tops line; with Treizeor, he presents a revisited bow-tie collection. For the last nine years, Alexis Mabille inspired by John Galliano, created the ready to wear and Haute Couture custom jewellery collection for Christian Dior. With the upcoming of Hedi Slimane, he also became associated with the creation of the men jewellery line for Dior.
As a very young boy in Lyon, Alexis discovers fashion while searching through family attics and museums, and re-cutting and sowing up antic laces, petticoats and fashion accessories. Adolescent, his passion for fashion developed and Alexis took his first steps as a designer conceiving costumes for theatre and parties, and soon clothes for his entourage.
It is in Paris that Alexis completed his studies in fashion and received in 1997 the prestigious diploma from the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. Follows an apprenticeship at Emmanuel Ungaro and Nina Ricci; the same year, he integrated the studio of Dior in collaboration with John Galliano and Hedi Slimane.
Working with John Galliano and Hedi Slimane, Alexis affirms his creative personality while developing Dior custom jewellery accessories lines. Thank to his rich and playful imagination served by a pointed technic, Alexis Mabille stays faithful to the Dior spirit while drawing in new generations of clients. Among others, he was instrumental in creating the successful Massaï, Belle Epoque, Maharadjah and Funky lines.
Nowadays, served by serious experiences of an international high profile fashion business, Alexis Mabille with IMPASSE 13 and Treizeor draws us into his dynamic, joyful and daring universe. However he remains sophisticated and always inspired by a contemporary unisex fashion.

His S/S 07 Collections: IMPASSE 13 and Treizeor

Dododo...his new fall/winter collection is up on his website. It keeps getting better and better!

aww ilaughead i cannot see these images :(

If you click them they should show up. If they don't, they all are on his website.

thanks. they're eccentric with the flowers and colours:P

bows.jpg

There's no business like bow business. Nobody knows that better than Alexis Mabille, who's made bow ties his trademark since graduating from stints at Ungaro, Nina Ricci, and the house of Dior. The Paris-based designer, who counts everyone from Karl Lagerfeld to Dita Von Teese as fans, is collaborating with Couture Lab on a range of six limited-edition designs. "It's all about a series of shapes created from vintage fabrics, most of which I sourced at auctions" he said of the hand-embroidered silk bows with ribbon and chain detailing. The names of Mabille's designs for Couture Lab tie in (we couldn't resist) with the shop's mission to merge old-world couture with modern-day design: Clara Bow, Marlene Dietrich, and Cher (who, incidentally, is another one of his fans).

Style.com

His mink bow tie is what I really, really want for my smoking!

we should move to this to accessories,no? i would love to see that there.

i never know what to think about his work....i really enjoy the fact that his collections have range and there's something in the midst that kind of counterpoints his niche for a bit of camp.

i agree with scott.
alexis deserves more attention.
i have his linesheet with the new collection and honestly was on the verge of ordering.
amazing bowties in all kind of materials.
his bags are :heart:
the only thing is that in real life not many women wear bowties :unsure:
and that is the core of his collections...
i do however look forward to next season to see whether he has evolved.
he is also with valery demure, our queen of accessories.

^right! thank heavens for valery. i honestly didn't know of alexis till i scoured through the web site.

and i agree. i really hope to see him evolve a bit more-perhaps,from just the ties. i actually notice the clothes in his look-books....does he design that too or does he collaborate with another designer? it all seems to coincide with his accessory pieces,quite thematically.

What a fantastic designer! I am becoming increasingly interested in menswear, and this is exactly what it needs. Something a bit eccentric whilst still including that element of style and tradition. Love it!

he is featured in the Summer Camp shoot by Weber (july W magazine). look it up on you tube... skip part 1 and 3 ... 2nd is best and longest!

he is currently gracing one of the 2 Colette windows in paris with his RTW gowns/ they are pretty but incredibly overpriced for a fairly "new" newcomer :unsure:

I saw the little black shirt dress and yellow fur bag made by him.

so simple, noble also elegant.

I became big fun for him.

He is definitely next star, I wish.

Hello girls, i saved this image from a blog i don't remember, and it was written nothing but "i want this dress" lol. i believe (quite sure) it's his. but, does anyone has a picture from the back? or knows where to find or which collection it is from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->