Why do you like/hate John Galliano?

^^^ yeh how to make a womans hips look enormous. I love you galliano.

helena said:
^^^ yeh how to make a womans hips look enormous. I love you galliano.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your help Johnny (now I'm confused even more, I suck at visualising :doh: ).

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to like gallianno in his early days but can see that he still has a fair amount of talent (when u break down the over the top designs) but i just think hes all show. i mean not only has he been copying e.g. morocan fashion, edwardian etc literally to the detail but what the hell does he look like. i know we shouldn't judge and that but it clearly shows that he is really into the whole showmanship thang. and he has used tinsel in his shows that just equals made taste right?

i love john galliano, any woman can wear his clothes and look sexy.

I think he's an incredible talent, and it was his at times ridiculous presentations and designs that got interested in fashion in the first place. Plus the fact that at times he's lipglossed and effeminate, and at other times he seems to be masculine only ads to his intrigue. A true eccentric.

He has great ideas yes, but he should stick away from denim and stuff its just scary what he does to men jeans! *shivers*

From a technical point of view, the cut is amazing - but if you have Bill Gayton as a pattern cutter then you can make anything look amazing. Bill is the genius, and a rare person to find, never underestimate the power of a great pattern cutter who can translate average ideas into outstanding ideas. John used to inspire me a lot, now nothing surprises me with him, but he is still top of his field.

^ I really respect the cuts/drapings... They were impeccable already in the 80's, that's as far back as I remember Galliano clothes.

i like him because he knows what he's doing, and his designs are always something different -- not the same old same old. he mixes things that turn out to be amazing like his spring 2006 rtw line with the different models (young and old, fat and skinny, tall and short.. ). you have to give credit for him giving a new perspective in the fashion and modelling world, because admit it - no other designer would have done that.

I think he's fabulous because his work contains elements of history, like costumes, and his creativity is in his ability to bring these historic elements to the modern world. From his napolean like get up for his Homme collection to his Radha Krishna spring summer. His work manages to appeal to your intellect.

I like him because of his ability to see something and turn it into something beautiful. Ex: Seeing a fist fight in Paris and using that as inspiration for his latest couture show. "The French Revolution". Brilliant!

Like many, I used to adore John's early work and his passion. Now he (and his work) just seems to resemble a parody of a Designer via Robert Altman. I wonder what they feed him at Dior...

I like him because he has a great talent
I hate him because he doesnt always use his full potential..!

He's a favourite, because he's over-the-top and kind of refreshing...I like his 90's stuff more though--One big negative thing in him is that he's sometimes predictable because he's so over-the-top.Makes him look a little bit dull.

And in the real life, I wouldn't wear most of his clothes.There's some lovely pieces, especially in the mid-90s there was, but 95 % of what he does doesn't work outside the catwalk, they're just tacky.Tacky can also be wearable, but this isn't.

I like him becuz his works contains all different themes of taboo, Gothic goofy... the models are like the figures walking straight out of the 18 / 19 century English or French or wutever novels. He got mixture of both history and modern stuffs... wow! Love Him!:flower:

I used to like him,but after his last shows for Dior I don't...they were not Galliano they were LVMH, that means -> not a sparkle of creativity!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->