Kris Van Assche

nikos said:
thanks.
calling them today. B)
who do you buy for, tricotineacetat?

haha, how embarrassing for me >_<... I work at Insight, so just ask for me (Jost) and I´ll gladly help you out... we are starting with S/S 2006, though, so we don´t have anything in stock by now! I also think that our colleagues at Heimat didn´t start earlier than S/S, so it will be pretty hard to find F/W 2005 in Germany :/

read the interview from GQ....he take bruce springsteen as inspiration. can't say i can tell ^_^

:heart:

I just tried on the first deliveries of Kris Van Assche at jeffrey - disappointing. As I mentioned in the "Helmut Lang Update" thread, it seems he has adopted the same 'easy' fit of Helmut Lang. He may well be the new designer for those missing Helmut Lang this season. I tried on two sweaters and a jacket and they all looked like Helmut's fit on me - no real shape to them. It doesn't have to be Dior fitted, but I'd at least like to look like I have some form, because dammit, I do. Maybe he doesn't design for my body type.

I tried on a simple v-neck with a twisted collar detail & a pocket, and while it looked great on the rack, it did nothing for me on. There's a straightness to the cut of the knit that didn't leave enough room for the ribbed cuff to 'slouch' and blouson, nor did it narrow enough to give any semblance of a waistline. I also tried on my favorite sweater of his - the heavy grey v-neck with the oversized cable detail running down the center - and it had the same fit problem. Meanwhile, his jacket was kind of straight like Dior Homme, but with a lot more room, and little to no suppression at the waistline. I was shapeless in it, and with those narrower lapels, it really didn't feel right at all. I was happy to not have to buy anything from him, but sad that someone I was looking forward to didn't deliver.

Last edited by a moderator:
tekken418 said:
hey baklanyc, how's the price?
You know, to be honest, I didn't look closely enough to remember. I was too disheartened by the fit. I remember glancing at the tags and I think the sweaters were in the 300 - 500 range. But I'll check back - I was going to go back for some Number (N)ine pieces...

i saw pics of his 05 a/w collection and is really interested in his suit and pants. i will try to wait for barney and sak but maybe i will have to go and have a look myself but i am never comfortable at jeffrey because the men's section is just so small and the sales person is right on top you looking over your every move.

tricotineacetat said:
haha, how embarrassing for me >_<... I work at Insight, so just ask for me (Jost) and I´ll gladly help you out... we are starting with S/S 2006, though, so we don´t have anything in stock by now! I also think that our colleagues at Heimat didn´t start earlier than S/S, so it will be pretty hard to find F/W 2005 in Germany :/

thank you.
one doesn't necessarily think of cool shops in hannover. :blink:
heimat is much more convenient for me though.

thans for the in-depth review, baklanyc.

I went to the showroom of Harvey Nics HK, and saw some KVA F/W pieces. I couldnt help but think and feel that there was no magic through the rack whatsoever. Tailoring was not in any good shape. I must say I m very disappointed, doesnt mean I'll give him up tho. Newcomers deserve at least 3 seasons' chance.

dhclam, is the harvey nics showroom open to the public or special invited guests only? Would love to take a look...it's in landmark right?

On a side note, my coworker apparently dated Kris in Amsterdam while he was with Dior.... apparently he's very nice.

Fade to Black said:
dhclam, is the harvey nics showroom open to the public or special invited guests only? Would love to take a look...it's in landmark right?
No. It's not for public. Harvey Nics will be opened on 1 Sept. You can take a look then.

I wanted to buy one of his Fedora / Top Hats.. that was until I found out they cost $700 :o :(

A aales associate at Barneys mentioned that even they find his fit is off. Van Assche has sold a few pieces at Jeffrey, but I can't say that the sizes are gone, unlike when other culty brands like Dior Homme and Dsquared first hit years ago and the clothing just flew off the racks.

i try on 48 at barney and they are way big didn't try 46 cause they didn't have it on tha floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->