All About Eyebrows

If you're eyebrows naturally do not resemble the ones from the magazine, it's probably a better idea not to attempt to drastically shape them like that. It would take a lot of plucking/waxing, which will leave you with very thin eyebrows.... which will end up looking different from the magazine picture.

I think just keeping your natural shape, and tweezing stray hairs is the best idea.

Sephora_Socialite said:
mmm maybe can we see how your brows look so that we may advise what needs to be fixed to get the look of that girls eyebrows?

wat do u think i should do? i really3 want them to look like the girls brows... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Young princess...i can give you a soultion...I have a cousin who has short and fairly thin eyebrows...She used castor oil on them for one month every night before she sleeps she uses an ear cotton bud and oils her eyebrows with castor oil...in one month...her eyebrows are thicker , longer and darker...and she then shaped them as she wished...

Trust me , it works...my sister has been doing it for 21 days now and you can notice the difference...

Dulcisima said:
Young princess...i can give you a soultion...I have a cousin who has short and fairly thin eyebrows...She used castor oil on them for one month every night before she sleeps she uses an ear cotton bud and oils her eyebrows with castor oil...in one month...her eyebrows are thicker , longer and darker...and she then shaped them as she wished...

Trust me , it works...my sister has been doing it for 21 days now and you can notice the difference...

where did ur cousin nd sister apply it? i mean in the part where their eyebrows naturally grew or where?

i like your eyebrows as they are ..

why wd you want to reshape them ???

the castor oil thing is true .. be careful it doesnt get in your eyes as that could be harmful.

young_princess said:
where did ur cousin nd sister apply it? i mean in the part where their eyebrows naturally grew or where?

Young princess my cousin had short and thin eyebrows, and she wanted it to grow longer and thicker to arch it...so she started putting castor oil on the eyebrows itself( were they naturally grow) and on the edgde...and after one month exactly before her weddding her eyebrows were as thick and long !! they were Beautiful...my sister has my cousin's dilema and she is using castor oil on her eyebrows its been almost 3 weeks and you can defintely tell the difference :smile:

crepebacksatin said:
i can totally see how to do them. mind if i apply my mspaint skills to your brows? :P

no i dont mind... plssss...go ahead... i need ur expertise... :blush:

Yours actually look similar to those of the pictures. Are they waxed in your natural shape?

If you look closer, the girls eyebrows are shaped (most prob. naturaly) on the top. Did they wax the top of your eyebrows also?

I re-read your post, but couldn't edit my previous reply. Sorry.

Maybe you can take the picture of what you want into your waxer, explain that you want to soften the top of your arch.Otherwise you can slowly pluck away the top arch thing, giving it a more 'straight' look.

In my opinion, I would shape the top of my brow and let the length of them grow. I do this because I have a 'mean' look to me too, you can fix it tho.

ok, i've been trying to work with the photo but it's hard b/c it's dark and small, so i'll try to explain... let me preface this by saying that this is what i would do if they were my brows. i'm not telling you how to achieve the look that you posted.

that being said, what i would do is start where i put the yellow square. take the brow "in" a little from the inside, making the area where the brow starts and is flat at the bottom a little narrower. i'm talking minute amounts at a time here, of course!

then, where the red square is, i'd stay along your natural curve @ the bottom but bring it down a little, so the arch isn't so high. be careful, as this is tricky business and if you get too gung-ho about it you can flatten your brows.

at the green square, it's hard to see in the photo, but it looks like the tips of your brows dip down a little, emphasizing the arch. i'd possibly tweeze/wax/whatever from underneath ever so slightly if needed after dealing with where the red square is. it might not even need it after that.

if this makes no sense, get me a bigger and brighter pic and i will gladly mspaint it up for you!

Young princess my cousin had short and thin eyebrows, and she wanted it to grow longer and thicker to arch it...so she started putting castor oil on the eyebrows itself( were they naturally grow) and on the edgde...and after one month exactly before her weddding her eyebrows were as thick and long !! they were Beautiful...my sister has my cousin's dilema and she is using castor oil on her eyebrows its been almost 3 weeks and you can defintely tell the difference :smile:

is that your cousins name ??

Lady Panties said:
I re-read your post, but couldn't edit my previous reply. Sorry.

Maybe you can take the picture of what you want into your waxer, explain that you want to soften the top of your arch.Otherwise you can slowly pluck away the top arch thing, giving it a more 'straight' look.

In my opinion, I would shape the top of my brow and let the length of them grow. I do this because I have a 'mean' look to me too, you can fix it tho.

hi! sori for the late reply... yes they are shaped from my natural brows... the arch is really that high up and the lady who did my eyebrows jst shaped the bottom part... :( wat do u mean let the length grow?

crepebacksatin said:
ok, i've been trying to work with the photo but it's hard b/c it's dark and small, so i'll try to explain... let me preface this by saying that this is what i would do if they were my brows. i'm not telling you how to achieve the look that you posted.

that being said, what i would do is start where i put the yellow square. take the brow "in" a little from the inside, making the area where the brow starts and is flat at the bottom a little narrower. i'm talking minute amounts at a time here, of course!

then, where the red square is, i'd stay along your natural curve @ the bottom but bring it down a little, so the arch isn't so high. be careful, as this is tricky business and if you get too gung-ho about it you can flatten your brows.

at the green square, it's hard to see in the photo, but it looks like the tips of your brows dip down a little, emphasizing the arch. i'd possibly tweeze/wax/whatever from underneath ever so slightly if needed after dealing with where the red square is. it might not even need it after that.

if this makes no sense, get me a bigger and brighter pic and i will gladly mspaint it up for you!

actually i dont quite get it.. :blush: ok i'll send u a bigger pic...tnx sooo much!

I always have to shade my eyebrows in so they appear longer, for some reosan they just stop growing at a certain point! you have to be careful though as sometimes when your in a hurry you can get wonky eyebrows of a different length.

The Eyebrow Enhancer Duo from Yves Saint Laurent is just genius. Makes my eyebrows look wider, longer and keeps them in place all day long. I got color no. 1, fits me perfectly. It's light grey.

How to lighten eyebrows?

Hi everyone,

I have dark brown eyebrows and would like to lighten them to a light brown color- not blonde. Do I first need to bleach them and then color over them? I've gotten this done professionally before, but it never turned out very even. If anyone has had exeperience with this, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Hmmm. Maybe the fact that no one is replying should indicate that I shouldn't even try?!

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, please help!! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ixtab
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->