All About Retail: Sales Associates, Management, etc.

Yeah....the problem is that this area got a new VERY HIGH END mall.........that is only about four years old. So everyone (who has money to really shop) now shops there. The Saks is in the old mall (ten years plus old).

lm considering getting my butt over the high end mall.

Ive already had to have it out with two associates on the floor already.........due to their aggressive attitude when it comes to selling.:rolleyes:

Ianastar said:
Yeah....the problem is that this area got a new VERY HIGH END mall.........that is only about four years old. So everyone (who has money to really shop) now shops there. The Saks is in the old mall (ten years plus old).

lm considering getting my butt over the high end mall.

Ive already had to have it out with two associates on the floor already.........due to their aggressive attitude when it comes to selling.:rolleyes:
Definately! What do they have at the high-end mall, what brands? Department stores? You need to scoot your little bum over there.

I never fought w/ my former associates, I was just passive aggressive (kidding, being PA is extremely bad in retail). I just hoped they'd like die or something so I wouldnt have to deal with them....God I hated that b*tch...

I got the job offer before any other store, so I took it.

The new mall has Bloomies, Neimen's, Stuart Weitzman, Gucci, Dior, Burberry, Chanel etc.

Apply at all of them (not Stuart though, god no)...OMG, apply at CHANEL!!! You're such a Chanel boy!

I know!! I thought Id give a Saks a go.........but Im thinking NO!!

All we get are sunburned, sweaty tourists who want to price everything and compare it to the prices in the UK.

Well go home and buy it then.:rolleyes:

Im constantly trying to keep myself from pulling a Patsy (from the Panic Room episode where shes working at Jeffery's)

"You're too fat. Get out!!"

Ianastar said:
I know!! I thought Id give a Saks a go.........but Im thinking NO!!

All we get are sunburned, sweaty tourists who want to price everything and compare it to the prices in the UK.

Well go home and buy it then.:rolleyes:

Im constantly trying to keep myself from pulling a Patsy (from the Panic Room episode where shes working at Jeffery's)

"You're too fat. Get out!!"
Thank god we're the only store that has what we have, so we have lots of room to lie and raise and drop prices as we wish...I know...That's bad. I sold a 10k pair of 18k yellow gold hoops w/ 4 carats of pave VVS1 white diamonds, to a man from Dubai, he was so sexy, he had a Breguet watch with at least 30 carats of black diamonds in the face. He was so sexy! We get lots of models too, one of them pissed me off so I told her to come back when she gets off her phone...Puh-lease, get your bony *** out of here w/ your last season Chloe bag...Whatever...I dont know who you are so you're clearly noone!

Thank god for my store, we keep the doors closed, the windows are intimidating. We get very few touristes, and those who do are sooo oblivious until they start looking at the prices and are like this :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpXhNMXx0wo
nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpXhNMXx0wo

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!! I'm watching that episode now actually. And have that clip on my myspace page.

It's amazing how much retail makes you want to be a b*tch to other people........even when your job relies on helping them.:lol:

Ianastar said:
LOL!! I'm watching that episode now actually. And have that clip on my myspace page.

It's amazing how much retail makes you want to be a b*tch to other people........even when your job relies on helping them.:lol:
Im watching it too, I have all the series of AbFab.

I know, when you secretly hate your customers but you have to pretend to be nice so you can make that sale...One of them is absolutely obessed with us, she's from like Allentown PA, so she thinks we're sooooooo cooool. And she always calls "just to talk" It's really annoying but we pretty much tell her what to buy, which I dont mind.

Diorling said:
Im watching it too, I have all the series of AbFab.

I know, when you secretly hate your customers but you have to pretend to be nice so you can make that sale...One of them is absolutely obessed with us, she's from like Allentown PA, so she thinks we're sooooooo cooool. And she always calls "just to talk" It's really annoying but we pretty much tell her what to buy, which I dont mind.

LOL. I have them all on DVD too. Im watching the one with the shooting trip to the country.

Bye Bye Baby Bunton. LOL:lol:

It is hard being nice. I dont mind a few wrinkles for a forced smile if they are going to actually BUY something, but when they just pop in for a lipstick or a mascara.

Im sorry..........but you haven't bought enough to warrant an actual smile.:lol:

Ianastar said:
LOL. I have them all on DVD too. Im watching the one with the shooting trip to the country.

Bye Bye Baby Bunton. LOL:lol:

It is hard being nice. I dont mind a few wrinkles for a forced smile if they are going to actually BUY something, but when they just pop in for a lipstick or a mascara.

Im sorry..........but you haven't bought enough to warrant an actual smile.:lol:
Speak to me honey!! I felt so ghetto popping into Saks/Bloomingdales/Neimans for a fragrance freshening, so I now carry my fragrances w/ me...It was SAs like YOU who made me feel bad for a spritzing of Must de Cartier!! :lol:

Im with you completely, Im nice until I gauge them properly you're just...Right there...

HOLY CRAP Laura's apartment on Project Runway is ENORMOUS...I mean ENORMOUS...

Color me shocked when this hot asian guy asked me about Clive Christian perfumes.

I was like............huh.

And then discovered that an ounce is like $2000:shock:

I saw him in a WHOLE new light.:lol:

Ive never heard of that...

Ever...

Is that the couture fragrance house that is all the rage right now?

^ clive christian is a bloke who makes kitchens, then he got an ego and bought a defunt british perfume company- the black one is pretty good but fragrance wise nothing special- they market themselves as 'expensive means good..."

OH. Ive seen that brand before, at Harrods I believe.

Thier packaging is cute...(say something nice about mediocre products)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I bought the X for a friend's birthday and it's a very classy fragrance I must say. It smells very classic and expensive...you can tell it's high quality without even checking its price :rolleyes:

Diorling said:
Thank god we're the only store that has what we have, so we have lots of room to lie and raise and drop prices as we wish...I know...That's bad. I sold a 10k pair of 18k yellow gold hoops w/ 4 carats of pave VVS1 white diamonds, to a man from Dubai, he was so sexy, he had a Breguet watch with at least 30 carats of black diamonds in the face. He was so sexy! We get lots of models too, one of them pissed me off so I told her to come back when she gets off her phone...Puh-lease, get your bony *** out of here w/ your last season Chloe bag...Whatever...I dont know who you are so you're clearly noone!

Thank god for my store, we keep the doors closed, the windows are intimidating. We get very few touristes, and those who do are sooo oblivious until they start looking at the prices and are like this :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpXhNMXx0wohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpXhNMXx0wo

LMAO You Are Patsy!! I thought of that when I read this to funny! What boutique do you work for? If you dont mind me asking

Dolce & Gabbana boutiques

Does anyone have any experiences working for them? I have an interview tomorrow at one of their boutiques and I am ridiculously nervous. I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Ease my nerves with tales of huge paychecks and generous discounts!

I know that your last remark was made in fun and it made me smile.

But it made me think about the reality of a job interview with any retailer. My thought is they will be looking for someone who can make them money .. not the other way around. The manager of the shop probably has sales goals for the shop and wants to hire people who can help acheive that. So find creative ways to show them that you can sell their line ... that you relate to their customers, provide excellent customer service and, most of all, can nudge customers to buy even more than they normally would. Do not ask about the salary, commission or the perks. After they make an offer, you can then ask about all that and then decide if you even want the job.

Good luck!

people, please make the efford to keep this discussion on topic..
i do hate deleting posts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->