Allure March 2015 : Kendall Jenner by Mario Testino

What a complete diss. After four straight months of posing for Vogue US, this girl finally gets a cover.....for Allure! But I'm sure her family don't see it that way cuz why would they??

What a complete diss. After four straight months of posing for Vogue US, this girl finally gets a cover.....for Allure! But I'm sure her family don't see it that way cuz why would they??

I have a feeling her Vogue cover will be on an off month like July or August.

I don't mind her appearing a beauty magazine - with the Estee Lauder contract, it makes some commercial sense - but she doesn't really look that remarkable on the front, I walked passed prettier schoolgirls in the street this afternoon.

To be honest, I'd have preferred Kylie, she's got a far more striking face for a cover shot, and people are interested in how she achieves her look - lipliner or surgeon?

She is just a average girl next door but very lucky to have Kim as her sister :smile:

The black and white photo is the most interesting I've ever seen Kendall look and it's a boring photo. Girl brings nothing, has nothing. Become an actress please.

omg no,can't blame mario in this she's just dull,her face has no definition she just brings nothing come on!

I will say the shot of her with the monkey is a good one though. And her quote about tattoos was so elitist and off-putting.It's one thing not to like the idea of them, but to completely disparage like that is not cool.

Unless I'm missing something, she just said she has a thing about forever.. not looking down on tattoos or anything like that :innocent:

Anyway, the cover is a little meh but she does look very pretty. I don't like ther hair though, reminds me of Linda Lovelace

She doesn't have an potencial to be a "supermodel", always appears with the same dull pose.

Unless I'm missing something, she just said she has a thing about forever.. not looking down on tattoos or anything like that :innocent:

Anyway, the cover is a little meh but she does look very pretty. I don't like ther hair though, reminds me of Linda Lovelace

Yes you did miss something, her "bumpersticker on a bentley" statement. As someone with tattoos I take offense to that. My tattoos are not tramp stamp-esque, "let me get a tattoo to be cool". My tattoos are expense pieces of artwork that tell my story. It comes across as totally ignorant. Thats how I personally perceive it.

I think Kendall could be a pefectly fine model. From her perspective, it's excellent that she is beginning her career and honing her modelling skills with high profile publications and photographers - it's just unfortunate for the readers. Maybe in a year or so she'll have grown to be much more dynamic in photographs and maybe she won't, I just think it would be better if that development took place in a much smaller arena than these more commercial, high profile magazines.

I understand that she's on the cover because she is "famous" and has some degree of ability in front of the camera, but I would personally rather she got cover stories when she's a much more skilled and successful model, especially as she is trying to market herself as a high-fashion model more so than being seen as part of the Kardashian Krew.

Yes you did miss something, her "bumpersticker on a bentley" statement. As someone with tattoos I take offense to that. My tattoos are not tramp stamp-esque, "let me get a tattoo to be cool". My tattoos are expense pieces of artwork that tell my story. It comes across as totally ignorant. Thats how I personally perceive it.

ok cool, just her opinion too though!

The monkey is also no stranger to the camera, cute!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyand...-shoot-with-marcel-the-monkey-from#.loDwxAMza
buzzfeed

^And while I respect her opinion as she's entitled to it, I'm saying I took offense. That's all my deary.:heart::flower:

Anyone know what else is featured?

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly she's been in development for years working at lower level or at least that's the story put out there in an attempt to legitimize her rise to fashion fame. Seems like plenty of time for a model to improve her skills unless she has no real aptitude or ability to learn the trade.

She's already been modelling at a prestigious level for at least one year and this Allure spread isn't much better than her work with Teen Vogue from 2012.

She's not really improving. More people are just accepting the mediocrity of her work because we all know she's not going anywhere.

I'm also certain that she has no real interest in being a regular model.

Regarding tattoos, there a lot of things that are forever, so I find that argument a bit stupid. Also, I really don't recall that many models having tattoos so I don't get why they would mention it.

She has been working for quite awhile now, and she hasn't improved. How much more time are we supposed to give her? It really seems prevalent now that she just doesn't have modelling skills, and she certainly doesn't have a face where her staring blankly into a camera makes a good enough photo. The reason she sometimes looks good is because of the effort of make up artists, hair stylidts, fashion stylists, and photographers. It's their talent that makes her shine, she doesn't really bring anything

For someone who apparently has always idolized models and has always wanted to be one, Kendall really doesn't seem to put that much effort into what is supposedly her dream job. No doubt she has a great diet and workout routine to keep her body on point, as well as doing great skincare and haircare treatments... but she seems to think that that's the extent of what the job entails. Telling a story, emoting, really conveying something to the camera... those seem to be foreign concepts to her.

Why is this? Well, first let's get this out of the way.... her look is aggressively, blindingly commercial. But even with those parameters (no cheekbones or angles on her face) her work is consistently underwhelming. I'm not gonna pull out the nepotism card, but when it comes to image-making Kendall literally doesn't have to do anything to get validation -- she could post any selfie on Instagram and it is guaranteed to get one million likes and thousands of comments (I can't help but feel like photographers that work with Kendall know this and likely don't put as much effort in; no matter what the shoot ends up being quality-wise, it'll still go viral.) So having to really work hard and bring it to create a great, iconic photograph is something she no doubt has to get her head around.

I also can't help but think of her sisters (particularly one named Kimberly) and their glamorous yet unemotive public personas may have subconsciously rubbed off on her and hindered her from really expressing herself in front of the camera. As a model you have to let your guard down and not be afraid to be weird or goofy, you can't just be "flawless" and "gorgeous" all the time.

At this point I'm actually hoping that Steven Meisel works with her sometime in the immediate future, because if she's gonna be all over fashion then she better work with someone who will really teach her and will not treat with her kid gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->