Allure March 2019 : Kendall Jenner by Cass Bird

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Feb 6, 2019.

1. ThickGlossies

ThickGlossies Member

I'm glad she's on the cover! The previous covers have all been really really bad!

Benn98 likes this.
  2. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Look everyone I got a complet makeover! *walks in with blue eyebrows*

3. SLFC

SLFC Active Member

What the absolute hell are those eyebrows?

vogue28 and mikel like this.
  4. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

They did a (series of) number(s) on her face on that cover (and I'm not even talking about her eyebrows).

KateIsGr8 likes this.
  5. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

What did we do to deserve this?

the Aesthetics, vogue28 and KateIsGr8 like this.
  6. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

WTF are those eyebrows.... any pic from that edit would have been a better cover choice. I do like the editorial... very fun and fresh... sometimes it is easy to forget what a natural beauty she is under all the bad makeup she uses...

7. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

the blue eyebrows really don’t mesh well with the editorial! Even the blame Kendall shot would have made a better cover!

Overall, another lifeless Kendall photo shoot. But like other said, she’s better at commercial than HF. Her smile is her money maker.

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking as well, definitely one of Allure's better covers. Especially after that 'edgy' Serena Williams one.

KateIsGr8 and jeffandtheworld like this.
  9. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

She's very pretty, no doubt about it. However, she's more of an actress than a model. She looks great in motion and she speaks very clearly. I feel like people keep pushing her only for sales. How boring.

10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Proactiv is paying for this.

Benn98 and KateTheGreatest like this.
  11. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

The brows and expression ruined an otherwise good cover. Love the ed tho

Zposen likes this.
  12. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I'm flicking through this on zinio now. 122 pgs. The editor's letter is a begrudging description about how she's tried Fraxel, as if she's been issued a reminder about the sort of stuff a beauty magazine is supposed to be covering.

The Marie Kondo piece is a few paragraphs on a page, mainly telling the reader how she herself doesn't need to wear foundation. One less thing in her life. I know she's been about for several years, but I wonder how long it'll take for this sudden intense rush of popularity to turn into the inevitable backlash.

Singer Sofia Reyes tells us that, like her mother, she goes to bed with tape across her forehead to prevent wrinkles. I do that as well. A bit of Scotch 3M between the eyebrows every night.

Jameela Jamil... I find it easy to be uncharitable about her, because I can remember when she first started in the media, as a TV presenter, about ten years ago, and she kept giving interviews... about her weight loss. She's been banging on about this topic for TEN YEARS. At the moment, every time she hitches herself to the coattails of a celebrity tweet about weight loss, she gets a round of applause, but I would love to hear her talk about something - anything - else other than body issues. Well, this is Allure, the one place where it makes sense, but otherwise, occasionally take a day off from being a self-appointed warrior on behalf of everyone's body image.

This must be the "designed to wind me up" issue, and I'm not anywhere near Kendall yet.

We hear from witches using crystals to heal. An article about strong make-up on bare skin seems to use shots of Jean Campbell by Daniel Jackson, borrowed from Vogue Italia. Then there's a Luigi & Iango shot of Vittoria alongside a piece about people lightening/darkening their skin. A short look at other countries and places - not just Paris - making perfumes. "What is the true meaning of self-care?"

Then it's Kendall, and I don't mind these shots, because she's just being a kid. She seems to be in her comfort zone, and I'm sure she didn't have to write the script for her ProActiv advertorial spiel.

This is followed by an article about how blind people navigate the world of beauty, which manages to raise your awareness in all the right ways.

There's a tribute to Oribe, done by someone who can remember interviewing him over the phone for Allure. This is just sad. I wonder what Linda Wells would have written, if given the chance. All the good stuff has been whitewashed from the pages. This magazine is no longer run by people who work directly with legends, its staffed by people who think social media matters the most.

Now it's an 8 pg studio-shot editorial about fringes, by Jason Kibbler, with models Jia Tong, Amelia Rami and Hannah Holman.

The last article is Gucci Westman's beauty space. It's a blue set of drawers, and she's been on the CBD. She's saying it's good for rosacea.

In general, this issue is as awkward and pointless as the cover shot.

MagFan and Benn98 like this.
  13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Chop to It

Photographer: Jason Kibbler
    Stylist: Coquito Cassibba
    Hair: Braydon Nelson
    Makeup: Yuki Hayashi
    Manicure: Elina Ogawa
    Cast: Hannah Holman, Amelia Rami, Jing Tong

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Allure Digital Edition

14. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

It seems that Allure has found a good Demarchelier substitute.

vogue28 likes this.