Altuzarra F/W 10.11 New York

While I think this guy has incredible taste and a strong team of stylists, consultants, this collection was simply too ambitious in it's ferocious tailoring to be pulled off by someone so young and new.

Theres something vampire-ish about the collection and i like!

soo disappointed, after such good work in the past why is he showing us this??

It surprises me this designer has the guts to give some sort of pseudo intellectual background for this collection when its a bad cookie cutter version of Tom Fords FW 2003 collection right down to the skirt suits , the pant suits , make up and even the red dresses at the end looooooooooooool . Its quite a regression in terms of where fashion is going .

Not surprisingly I really like this, but I think the only reason I like this so much is because of what it reminds me of, which I hate.

I have to say that the first half of the collection is individual enough that, despite the Gucci vibe, he managed to at least do his own thing with it. But by the second half the similarities are just too obvious. It's a good collection if you can ignore the references. It's got a clear point of view, and that's more than anyone can expect from the early shows during NYFW. And as an homage to an iconic collection, it's also pretty good.

But it's just too similar for comfort.

this is so Gucci fw03/04:innocent: but not quite as good, there are still some nice pieces though

It does have a Gucci vibe ^, but i cant help but love some of those delicious coats, and black is forever my colour. :heart:

lol this is the problem I'm facing too. I should be hating this because it's so literal to Tom Ford, but at the same time I miss Tom's work so much I'm willing to ignore the shameless similarities in this collection and just love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the future of fashion? someone who blatantly imitates a designer who still lives :ermm::yuk:

Tom Ford.....more like discount Tom Ford.

lol this is the problem I'm facing too. I should be hating this because it's so literal to Tom Ford, but at the same time I miss Tom's work so much I'm willing to ignore the shameless similarities in this collection and just love it.

I posted it HERE

:lol:
I'm the same . Being a massive Tom Ford fan, I can just overlook the copying of looks from FW 02 - FW 04 because I think this guy has a very good aesthetic . There's a hope in him .

Azzedine Alaia meets Tom Ford(remember the red suit from Gucci 96FW?) in New York...anyway I'm a sucker for this powerful style.:crush:Bet Carine must love it!

we're in the same boat. also, this is so dead-on carine -- she did used to work for tom ford back in the day -- i can't help but think she had a hand in all of this.

This looks so outdated. Don't get me wrong, some pieces here are stunning like Magda's dress but wtf is that nasty red thing on Natasha at the end? It's so unflattering.

ahaha i knew it. downright plagiarism and the sheeps praise him. what a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->