Victoria Beckham Dresses F/W 10.11 New York

The a-line dress is TO DIE FOR! Nice to see her evolving in her use of textures and colours. It's a cohesive collection but with that hair style, sunnies and platform pumps, they look like VB drones-- another suspicious celeb vanity project??

if roland mouret's dresses and alber elbaz's designs had boring children, it will be this collection.

I'm ashamed to say I actually don't mind the last two dresses, the rest not so much...

if roland mouret's dresses and alber elbaz's designs had boring children, it will be this collection.

^_^ i don't really see what she is doing that is new to fashion/design it looks good because it was good the first time too. it's well put together and nice colours but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
backstage:

thelovemagazineblog.wordpress.com

She isn't a groundbreaking designer. She isn't trying to be Nicolas Ghesquiere or anything. She's just creating dresses that women would want to wear. People criticize her for that, but at least her clothes are wearable. A lot of the so-called groundbreaking designers create beautiful clothes, but they stay in the magazines where they belong because there aren't many women that would look good in them or who would care to wear them in real life. My point is that women in all walks of life would look good in VB's dresses and that is not something you can say about a lot of designers. Now whether or not we can afford them is another topic :innocent:

The shape of the dresses is really lovely. I think, as we already seen on others, it suits the woman´s body great.

I like it, I'd wear it (to work, it's a bit too old for me otherwise). It's like the more boring/wearable pieces of an old Roland Mouret collection. The workmanship looks impeccable.

Whilst I find the rumours about RM being the chief design force credible, I just don't understand the weird semi-secret way it's leaking out. If he's part of VB's design team, why doesn't he admit it? It seems strange to have him 'ghosting' work and not getting any credit. Most 'designers' have people working in their teams and it's not a big secret. If they're keeping it secret to maintain the facade that it's VB in the studio doing all the design work, why would sales representatives openly state that these are Mouret's designs? I just don't understand their strategy here... it's like they're denying Mouret's involvement so everyone will take VB seriously as a designer, but then slipping it out that it's RM's work because nobody takes VB seriously as a designer.

I genuinely believe she has more input than someone like Marc Jacobs does into most of her designs. Although I think she's a horribly uncomfortable person (I can't bear to watch her talk on TV) I wish her all the best and I appreciate that she wants to do something self-directed, rather than just sit on her big pile of money counting it and buying endless Birkins...

To be honest, I've never seen evidence that it was Victoria's team that wanted to stress the Mouret collection, rather, those whispers have seemed to come from highly biased, if not outright vehement and vitriolic people - ie. on an anonymous internet forum.

Until the day I see more evidence for Mouret ghosting than for Victoria's hard work, I will continue to disbelieve what seems to me, to be mainly malicious gossip.

Victoria Beckham introducing her F/W 2010 Collection

Victoria talks about her last collection @ MBNY Fashion Week 2010.

I just love that Grace is there!! :heart:

same

same

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denncr
Back