Victoria Beckham Dresses F/W 10.11 New York

Demi Moore wearing VB
20u3dhf.jpg

foro famous people

Victoria Beckham's favourite dress
The glamazon is emerging as a convincing and hands-on designer. She talks us through her favourite frock from her latest collection

2wg84d5.jpg

Dick Tracy and the 1940s have inspired my autumn/winter collection, and you can see this in the contrast between masculinity and femininity, light and dark.
An innovative feature of this dress is the classic grosgrain ribbon that moves up and across it. We used it as a sash because it looked great when we experimented in the studio. We also added three-dimensional embroidery, which was created by rolling small pieces of grosgrain into little tubes, covering these with lamé and then adding Swarovski beading.
The neutral tinted shade is extremely flattering. We spent a lot of time getting the tone right so that it works with an array of skin and hair colours. A dress such as this needs minimalist hair and make-up. Styling should be easy and fresh — sleek hair, beautiful skin, strong, glossy eyes and a natural lip. There is no corset underneath, so it should be worn with flesh-tone underwear that is totally invisible.
It is the perfect red-carpet dress — I’m tempted to wear it to the Oscars myself. It’s effortlessly chic and has a relaxed but confident look that is fresh and contemporary. The wearer doesn’t have to worry about it at all — it photographs really well from all angles, and is almost crease-proof. Seeing anyone wearing my clothes is exciting, whether it’s someone famous, a family member or a stranger. A few weeks ago, I bumped into a woman wearing a design of mine and screamed with excitement. I’m sure she thought I was crazy.
The fabric is a beautiful liquid jersey that clings to the body in a seductive way, elongating and flowing with the natural contours of the feminine form. The dress feels light, sensual and comfortable, and that sensuality instantly makes you walk with poise and power. I would love to see Mrs Obama wearing it.
This season, evening wear should skim the floor — it gives the illusion of incredibly long legs. I wanted to achieve even extra length with this dress. The model is wearing a fabulous pair of heels by Brian Atwood. We collaborated on an amazing collection of shoes to wear with all of the dresses.

Times Online via foro famous people

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->