Altuzarra S/S 2024 New York

Prada/MiuMiu and Simone Rocha had a child…
Apparently, Ralph Lauren and Jason Wu were the only ones really willing to work this season.

‘Another copy-paste from the moodboard to the catwalk…And we know that Altuzarra is not afraid to do that (remember the Roitfeld documentary).

On one hand, it’s very beautiful and I think for those who wants the Prada look with a designer feel without the prices and the horrible triangle, it can be an option but in the other hand, it’s totally embarrassing to have a brand that has been around for more than a decade and that still lacks identity.

Alessandro Dell Aqua does the Prada thing with his own identity flawlessly btw..

Back in the day, Altuzarra tried to fool us by doing a high slit on his skirts and now, he is not even trying.

But it’s NYFW so I guess he should be praised. Kudos on the quality though.

When he used to copy Tom Ford I had high hopes that he would develop a signature along that aesthetic. But all he ended up developing were his copying skills. Yikes. This is so derivative.

If it was in Milan one would think that its the new Prada collab.

This is a complete 180 to last season, which was also a 180 to a previous 180 but hasn’t really swung back around to something that feels like “Altuzurra”.

Like Proenza, incredibly non descriptive. It’s fine and well made in parts but also says absolutely nothing. Doesn’t have to be original or new (near impossible) just genuine. Not sure if designers in New York can be that, but an attempt would make for a better season or perhaps reveal all their incompetences.

Frankly, I’d also like to go a season without duchess satin and elasticated/gathered fabric mounds. Seems to be a go to at the moment.

Is it just me or is anyone else reminded of Louis Vuitton by Marc Jacobs? It's so interesting that no one has ever used that as inspiration before.

The mystery for me with most of these American brands is who buy their clothes ? They don’t have an it bag , it shoes to survive and their rtw is just not good and knock offs of European collections.

is not expensive to have a brand in NY ? I thought it would have close way before Christopher Kane for example.

The mystery for me with most of these American brands is who buy their clothes ? They don’t have an it bag , it shoes to survive and their rtw is just not good and knock offs of European collections.

is not expensive to have a brand in NY ? I thought it would have close way before Christopher Kane for example.
Funny enough, he introduced a diffusion line last year: a "genderful" streetwear brand called Altu.

And the final exit with his daughter in his arms...shall we talk about it? Kids should be banned from catwalks (unless it's Pitti Bimbo).
It's a tad exploitative and, frankly, corny as hell.

And the final exit with his daughter in his arms...shall we talk about it? Kids should be banned from catwalks (unless it's Pitti Bimbo).
It's a tad exploitative and, frankly, corny as hell.
He was backstage with her and decided to come out with her. Not a big deal IMO.
Exploitative is a tad bit deep as a word for what it was…

As sexless and anorgasmic as current Prada under Raf, just a tad more feminine and without the hideous triangles. I was liking the Loewe-esque direction of his collections before this one, this looks totally passé.

Exploitative is a tad bit deep as a word for what it was…

Exploitative as kids often are in mass media communication, they're used as a means to snatch an extra applause or a glance of sympathy.
I stick to Helmut's definition of a fashion show: une séance de travail. Kids are out of place, most of the time. Even if they are your own kids.

Regardless of the above, IT'S CORNY.

Good question. I checked his distribution and it's quite a mystery how this brand can survive with its current wholesale distribution. He has literally NO stockists in Paris, not available at any of the major London stores, only one shop in Japan and Italy, two shops in the whole of China only. In the US the usual department stores.
I don't think this brand is profitable at all. And it's not surprising as it's lacking a unique POV/ identity

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->