American Apparel (April 2006 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you are familiar with this brand at this point but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on it so ppl can share their purchases, thoughts, opinions and experiences.

I've really been loving the basics that they produce and every time I go to the store with another friend they instantly are drawn to the products and the quality. There is a lot of variety in the cuts and the colors of all the basics and the styling on the mannequins helps to give interesting ideas for layering and creating new outfits with simple pieces/elements.

I have had good experiences at their stores but not so much with online ordering. They have a policy where if the piece you are looking for is not available in your size/color at the store they will order it for you and ship the item for free. I did this about a month ago at the store and thought it was a great idea but never received the two things I ordered. As far as I know the charge did not show up on my credit card so I don't know if I will pursue the items but they also seem a little tough to get in touch with.

Anyway, I love their stuff and have generally found it to be very wearable and of good quality:heart: :P...

Also the prices are resonable which is always nice ^_^

I'll try to take pics at some point of some of my purchases from there or maybe post pics from the web site..

oh, I love their stuff. Comfiest underwear ever, and the stores are always so pretty and playing good music.

however! Their t-shirts are f'ing SHORT. And I'm only 5'7 and a bit, so it's not as though I have an insanely long torso either. So I would be extremely pleased if they decided to make longer clothes. Other than that though, I'm in love. :heart:

i find that their quality is only average, their seams and finish is not exactly great; mainly you can see loose threads and uneven cutting when you turn the stuff inside out (thought the outside part of the garment is still fine). however, i still buy their stuff because they are one of the few people who makes tshirts that fit me almost perfectly.

i find their online ordering is much better than going to the store because their website is so much more organized than their stores, i can find what i need quickly on the website, whereas if i walk into their store, everything looks pretty much the same and i have a hard time looking for what i need.
UPS messed up my delivery on two separate occassions (UPS said they can't find where i live :rolleyes:) so aa just said they will resend it via fedex free of charge.

i love their boyshorts and the "fine jersey t dress", as the website calls it, i have it in two colors and think i need more, so sexy and simple and fun to accessorize in different ways. they also have cute bikinis, i want the teal/gold one one for summer.

i did read a really odd article in jane about the ceo, dov charney...seems he's quite the character...but i still like the clothes so whatever.

lola belle said:
oh, I love their stuff. Comfiest underwear ever, and the stores are always so pretty and playing good music.

however! Their t-shirts are f'ing SHORT. And I'm only 5'7 and a bit, so it's not as though I have an insanely long torso either. So I would be extremely pleased if they decided to make longer clothes. Other than that though, I'm in love. :heart:

the thing that never got to me was actually one of their newer styles of t-shirt i think...
it is longer and so nice, because i have a long torso and can never find shirts that are long enough...
i tried the right size on in the store and they didn't have the color i wanted which is why i got them to order one for me

anyway, i recommend looking around to find that shirt, all i know from the printout of the order confirmation is that it is called, cotton spandex jersey cap sleeve T

I love this place! Though for the basics, their prices are middle-of-the-road... they have extremely sexy cuts and snug-fitting, vintage soft feelin' stuff.

I was just there today and bought this adorable navy blue polo dress... just perfect... sexy, preppy... can't wait to wear it. :heart:

2359_01.jpg

(source: americanapparel.com)

great purchase erin!! i have a similar dress but it's long sleeved with no collar...
rsa6321_03.jpg

americanapparelstore.com

i love that there are so many color options in everything...

i have this in a dark green color and 2 of my friends bought it after i did :smile:

I LOVE the photographs and that the clothing is made in the USA.

Great items:

poplin shorts

the underwear

I would not order anything online because the clothing run very slim, thus not fit well or at all.

6456_03.jpg

serve.asp

i love the deep v-neck shirt. i'm considering ordering in white and in black as well.

I love American Apparel! The clothing fits me the way it is supposed to!

I love the deep vneck, worn with a button down underneath? Love it, or maybe a regular vneck under...Or if you have a great chest it'll be lovely by itself...

American Apparel's adverts are always very...70's p*rn, does anyone else agree? The hairy men, the two tone briefs, velour...

^ Yeah, I've never been a fan of their adverts... somewhat tacky, in my opinion... somewhat of a turn-off at times, as well...

I agree that it's hard to purchase from them online. I waiver between a Small and Medium in their items.

^^ yeah i find the same to be true for me erin... it always helps to try stuff on in the store....

theres about 500 AA s here which is a bit of a turn off in terms of exclusivity,
but it works out because i know like 10 people who work there and can usually get 30 percent off. if you tell em youre a student i think you 15 percent off also -- here atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->