Boden

Curious

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this brand? I started receiving catalogs a couple of seasons ago. I think they're a UK brand that's recently expanded to the US.

Seems like there are some good quality basics in their catalog. Any experiences.. good, bad or otherwise? What's the sizing like.. true to fit, larger, smaller?

US Site:
http://www.bodenusa.com/about.asp

UK Site:
http://www.boden.co.uk/

Some items on my wish list :flower: And I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the PERFECT pair of gray suede boots they had this fall :P

Stripey trousers wished for in gray & cropped pants in black

Attachments

• dk denim.jpg
    dk denim.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • stripy trousers.jpg
    stripy trousers.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • cropped trousers.jpg
    cropped trousers.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Curious, I remember subscribing when I knew they were expanding to the U.S.

Personally, however, I find their stuff to be aimed more toward women in their 30's... though some of their basics on right on the money.

they have a wide selection of colors but i find their prices are a bit high, especially when a lot of the stuff is very basic (a-line skirts, cotton t-shirts, etc). i really like their shoes and boots and the kids' stuff is adorable!

Thanks gals :flower:

You're right Erin :lol: Much of it is "fuddy-duddy" if you will... even for this 30 year old :innocent:... :P. The basics seem great though!!

I actually thought the prices were quite reasonable for a good staple :ninja: In the day of $200 denim, $68 seems dirt cheap!

Can anyone attest to sizing & quality?

I didn't know they had expanded to the states but it makes sense. Once of Sean's friends who's a model who's name I don't know/remember works for them organizing and casting all their shoots. It's a pretty normal midmarket catalogue brand. From what I understand I think their quality if pretty reasonable.

Erin said:
Curious, I remember subscribing when I knew they were expanding to the U.S.

Personally, however, I find their stuff to be aimed more toward women in their 30's... though some of their basics on right on the money.

Hello...more like middle-class west london women of a specific kind 3 kids wealthish, not an alpha-yummy mummy but definitely more yummy than slummy! :lol::P...not women in their 30's in general...grr!!! This 30-something is not going down the Boden route just yet...My mum who's looking v. good for a nearly 60 something bought some pieces from Boden a couple of summers ago but even she was off put when she saw other women wearing the same clothes she'd chosen - basically they were frumpish..and frumpish she ain't.

That said the clothes themselves are well made and make great basics - there are just alot of pieces in the catalogue which are overtly patterned, and elasticated - posh pull-ons anyone??!!! However, the plain knits, jackets, coats, boots and bags are admirable.

Also if you want a laugh you've got to read the captions and descriptive blurb in the catalogues - I kept my mum and husband entertained for a whole car journey to Brighton reading it out loud!

the quality is very high, the sizing towards large...... I am UK 8/10 and with Boden it has to be 8.

it isn't all frumpy, they do some good colorful shoes and skirts/pants, pretty shirts and chic pieces like classic pants and sweaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->