American Horror Story

Coven was the first season I watched and so I've always been a little fond of it. It's the most aesthetically pleasing season and Emma Roberts' character is indeed pretty great.

But Asylum was the most interesting for me.

The first and second seasons (Murder House and Asylum) were the best for me. My least favorite was Coven, it was the only season I quit midway.

What do you guys think of Lange not coming back? I actually think it´s a good thing, her characters were all pretty much the same...
I´m happy that Bomer is coming back :brows:
I´m not sure about Hotel´s inspiration being a musical, I´m afraid it will too close to Glee. Anyone has more info?

^ It's going to be based off of a musical? Ughhh. Just give us a scary show. No singing pls.

I love Jessica, but her characters were the same person. Bring in new blood.

Hmmm... not sure how I feel about this season being a musical. I feel like we could be heading into hot mess territory. :ermm:

A musical? That sounds scarier than most of the things they did so far.

I´m not exactly sure it´s gonna be a musical (that´s why I was asking for more info). I´ve read on wikipedia that it was inspired by the musical Top Hat. But I didn´t want to search for too much info for fear of spoilers :Pink:
Lady Gaga was cast but I don´t know how big her role is...

Network president John Landgraf has stated that the season will necessitate a "huge reinvention" for the series.[4] The season's subtitle was confirmed as Hotel, and was partly inspired by the 1935 screwball musical comedy film, Top Hat.

Lady Gaga is all bloody and seductive on the cover of Entertainment Weekly‘s American Horror Story: Hotel issue.

Here’s what we learned about the upcoming season from the cast/crew:

Ryan Murphy, on how Gaga was cast in the show: I was at a construction site and my phone rang. I didn’t recognize the number. [I answer and] I hear ‘Please hold for Gaga.’ I think ‘Bad Romance’ was playing [while I was on hold]. Then she got on the phone. At first I thought it was a prank, but we then had a lovely call.” Gaga adds, “I called him and I said, ‘Ryan, I wanna be on Horror Story.’ And he goes, ‘Okay.’ And that was it.”

Kathy Bates, on Gaga’s acting: “We’ve shot one scene together. She walked past me and literally had one line, and it just scared the s— out of me/ She’s really throwing herself in this.”

Ryan, on getting ready to film with Gaga for the first time: “She showed up, and she was wearing diamond pasties, a Band-Aid on her boo-ha, heels and a black veil that Alexander McQueen made for her on the day before his death. Then the crew gasped in delight, and we were off!”

Sarah Paulson, on this season: “There’s something about this season that’s got real heat to it. It’s pulsating. Every season has a different tone or a color. And I think this year for sure would be blood red.”

justjared

Apparently Gaga's character and her lover are some sort of vampire-like creatures.

Thanks for the article!

I'm not quite sure what to think of it, it sounds promising but so did Freakshow and that was a major letdown for me. I didn't even bother to watch the whole season..

Thanks for the article!

I'm not quite sure what to think of it, it sounds promising but so did Freakshow and that was a major letdown for me. I didn't even bother to watch the whole season..

+1

Gave up mid-way.

If Hotel doesn't slay me with the first episode, i'm done.

It was a very dark day when American Horror Story matriarch Jessica Lange announced she'd be leaving the show.

The monsters that AHS had brought to light crawled back under their creaky iron-framed beds, the willowy ghosts of seasons past lost their haunting mojo, and I may or may not have cried.

But, what's this? A Murphical ray of sunshine has now changed the game.

AHS creator Ryan Murphy recently confessed to EW that he'd been "talking with [Lange]," and that a return is "always possible."

Murphy went on to say definitively that the actress will be back, and that she was by no means "gone forever" in the way fans had assumed. As a matter of fact, Lange's departure from AHS in favor of Murphy's own broadway show Long Day’s Journey Into Night indicates that she's nowhere near giving up the ghost.

zimbio

I didn't like last season but this season looks better. I'll miss Jessica but I think Gaga will do a great job. Thanks for the EW scans!

COoEwQ9WcAA-1am.jpg

EW.com

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still hope for this: Angela and Chloe are still in, and now Naomi.. This is a must now.

Did anyone watch the first episode? I'm waiting to watch it with my partner, but I've heard it was twisted as heck.

^its verrrrrrrry interesting to say the least :lol:

My Theory (possibly a spoiler:(
Is the hotel basically purgatory and everyone is dead?

I'd heard it was twisted, but sitting through it last night, I was bored. Maybe that's because I've since watched every episode of Hannibal, so now have different standards for anything involving gore on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->