Anime & Manga

just finished watching Gunslinger Girl....don't waste your time...

i kept on because i really like the intro song, they suckered me in :lol:
usually happens that way. don't hate it, but i don't like it either.

my rule of thumb with anime, if it has more than 50 eps. don't bother.
26 is the norm. but if it is really good, i will sit through a season 2.
naruto is ridiculous. don't even care anymore.

will probably start azumanga daioh next

No matter how good something is, I pretty much stop after one season of 13 episodes or so. Love Love Love Sayonara Zebotsu(sp) Sensei season one but have no motivation to watch the second season.

I read Naruto for laughs. Lost me after Gaara of the Sand was hit with the friendship juice. The whole Pain/Nagato destruction of Konoha (then magic DBZ revive the fallen) didn't help. But I still read it. Also looking forward to Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 because like the first game, it is beautiful!

Samurai Champloo had 26 episodes, loved it! rewatched the hell out of it!:heart:

^ I have Volume 1-3, it's not my favourite (though I think that's got more to do with the fact that I mostly prefer shoujo over shounen) but it's interesting, I think.

I strongly recommend xxxHolic though. CLAMP are brilliant.

OMG, Anime & Manga are part of my life... I started watching it when I was literally a baby, thanks to my big brother.
I've seen so many series that I cannot even remember all of them, one of these days I'll make a list so we can talk about it...

Samurai Champloo had 26 episodes, loved it! rewatched the hell out of it!:heart:

Champloo is an AMAZING series. I love the juxtaposition of old Japan with pop culture Japan. I rarely ever finish series these days but this is one I couldn't quit watching.

Right now I'm watching Gankutsuou. I started watching it as it was released a while back and quit. It's pretty good.

^

Gankutsuou is brilliant!

it takes a bit getting used to the animation, but once you do :shock:

about Samurai Champloo. of course it's great, it's by Shinichiro Watanabe, of course it's going to be good.

Cowboy Bebop :heart::heart::heart:
Macross Plus :heart:

i'm still looking for something new to watch. not really in a comedy mood right now. will leave azumanga daioh for later...

To those who won't watch more than one season or anime longer than 50 episodes...you're missing out on some of the best shows!

Monster, 12 Kingdoms, One Piece, Nana, Hajime no Ippo.... I think One Piece keeps getting better and better with time. Everyone should watch Monster, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen (anime or otherwise).

A lot of shows become boring, bad or full of filler arcs (Bleach, Naruto) with horrible writing BUT you shouldn't dismiss everything that's longer! If something is good then it doesn't matter how long it is - if it starts to suck then I just stop watching. I stopped watching both Bleach and Naruto ages ago.

if the show is bound to be long I would read the manga instead. Does not take up much time and much of the time it is better. Love One Piece, it is a favorite of mine but I do not watch the show much since I prefer the manga.

Any good place to get Berserk? I stopped around the time of zombie pirates when they were on the seas, that was months ago so i am sure he released about one-two new chapters.

finished Macross Frontier....
not impressed. it wasn't bad, but i just don't know.
maybe because i'm older now, i expect more from my entertainment.

although, i can still watch the classics and be as mesmerized as the first time.

will probably start another anime during Christmas/new years vacation.
any suggestions?

Naruto Shippuden is an anime that i watch, although i never have a clue as to what goes on. i've only seen about 15 episodes and none in the correct order :D. i only watch dragon ball z kai because my son loves it, so i dont care for it too much (is it considered anime :P)

if the show is bound to be long I would read the manga instead. Does not take up much time and much of the time it is better. Love One Piece, it is a favorite of mine but I do not watch the show much since I prefer the manga.

Any good place to get Berserk? I stopped around the time of zombie pirates when they were on the seas, that was months ago so i am sure he released about one-two new chapters.

I'm not sure if this will help but you can read all of Berserk here: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/berserk-volume-01.html?ch=Volume+01&page=1

The latest chapter released is 318 so maybe there's a few there that you haven't read yet? I'm not fully caught up in Berserk yet - I'm on volume 30 - but I'm loving it!

Apparently a new anime for Berserk is in the works too, not sure if it will be good but I'm still going to check it out.

I just started B Gata H Kei... it's sooooo funny! Though she's a bit young, I'm rather surprised O_O

My favorite anime is Kino's Journey--its one of those psychological anime's that really gets you thinking about the world. Pretty much every episode has some sort of moral issue and I love thinking about stuff like that.

They have some nice scenes in that^ I've been watching a few episodes for a while, but feel like I am not going to get anywhere? :blush: As if she starts over in each new story, there is not much connection to what happened before. Maybe you can enlighten me on something. I heard the anime's adapted from a book. There's another 'traveling' story called Aru Tabibito no Nikki (Diary of Tortov Roddle), with nice drawings..

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally finished all 114 episodes of Saint Seiya. One thing I remember the most is the one Silver Saint who special move was throw you in the air with a tornado and then punch you in the skull when you fall (like Romeo must die).

Just started the Hades Sanctuary chapter. So far by episode 4, the fights are better than anything in all 114 episodes of the original. And skull punch Silver Saint made a cameo before being killed off again.

I love Sailor Moon, it's classic. Watched it recently, although there's some silly part I still love it..

i'm still hungover on Vampire Knight. The series is just so good, haha, the romance is getting to me even though i'm not the romantic-type :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->