Ann Demeulemeester S/S 2025 Paris

WHAT. Really? of all labels he thought Ann D would be the right place to recycle for the trillionth time the nasty-looking Miu Miu boxer s*it even Zara has in stores right now..?

Horrible. Never thought I'd see the day when Ann Demeulemeester would deliver the ugliest (and not the most desirable) boots of all fashion week but here we are. This man has no taste or minimal sense of elegance or just.. some skill to learn how to edit, edit, and edit some more. It's so wildly sloppy and cheap.

Maybe I wasn’t really awake when I watched the livestream but other than the unnecessary guitar intro…it wasn’t that bad. An improvement from the nameless shows post-Sebastian and Ludovic’s trashy outings, there are MANY things that feel awfully out of place here but there were some nice jackets and dresses too. I think he’ll get better once he drops the “ratty” elements as you’ve called them.

Looks more "contemporary Insta brand" that riffs on Ann D and the fellow Antwerp 6 because they can't express an actual genuine POV to save their damn life. Nice outerwear though, if only it wasn't styled like crap.

I see some strong reactions to the collection here.
I thought it was pretty, but I am not sure AD fans would find it fitting for collections to be described as such.

Loved it for a Spring collection, how ethereal it was.

While I understand this is a *show* and perhaps not how the end customer of today dresses in Ann Demeulemeester, I feel like I'm looking at costume and not an honest proposition to dress.

Truth be told, we‘ve already seen quite a bit of that, during Sébastien Meunier's time with the house but even traces of it towards the last few collections Ann was formally still designing. The more accessories they piled up on the looks, the less I enjoyed her collections.

I always connected a very specific slouch and drape to Ann's design, not so much the maximalist usage of accessories and leather that give a harsh fetish edge. Olivier Theyskens would have perfectly captured that, especially when I look at the collections he designed for his now-defunct Theory label.

I always connected a very specific slouch and drape to Ann's design, not so much the maximalist usage of accessories and leather that give a harsh fetish edge. Olivier Theyskens would have perfectly captured that, especially when I look at the collections he designed for his now-defunct Theory label.
Agree fully. The essential Ann Demeulemeester look for me was always about creating an aura through cut, colour and silhouette; rather than adornment. Sometimes, a printed line of text to convey emotion. It was never about unnecessary adornment through styling gimmicks.

I just wonder how does this brand even make money?! The prices are too inflated compared to the desirability of the product I feel ...

I know an Hedi fan when I see one. I guess there's some overlap in ethos between Ann D. and Hedi Slimane but wow that opening intro tried so hard to evoke a Hedi show (and the casting too with The Garden twins walking and the fashion nepo babies such as the Katy England son and the closer), at least Hedi knows when to actually start the show to maintain energy and not have a 6+ minute intro of the same thing where you're bored/confused until the show actually starts. Honestly bring back LDSS lol, that one collection had more energy than this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->