inhirnamy137

Reaction score
(people.com)

<H1 class="">Hathaway's Boyfriend: History of Legal Troubles
By Oliver Jones
Originally posted Friday April 04, 2008 03:50 PM EDT

Raffaello Follieri and Anne Hathaway Photo by: Splash News Online
follieri_hathaway240.jpg
For Anne Hathaway's boyfriend Raffaello Follieri, Thursday's arrest in New Jersey for allegedly writing a bad check was only the latest in a long line of financial and legal troubles for the 29-year-old Italian real estate developer.

Follieri, 29, was released Thursday evening on a desk-appearance ticket after allegedly bouncing a $215,000 check, according to reports. His lawyer told the New York Daily News that the "underlying obligation has been paid."

Since moving to New York over four years ago to start a business redeveloping Roman Catholic Church properties, Follieri, the scion of a powerful Italian real estate family that boasted strong ties to the Vatican, has been the subject of a number of lawsuits, including one filed by billionaire supermarket magnate – and Bill and Hilary Clinton associate – Ron Burkle.

In the lawsuit, filed in May of last year in Delaware, Burkle alleges that Follieri took more than $1 million of his company's money to pay for an extravagant lifestyle for the couple, which included a $40,000 a month penthouse apartment in the Trump Tower, private jet travel, lavish spending sprees, and five star dog care for the couple's Labrador Esmeralda.

Follieri and Hathaway have been all but inseparable since becoming couple since 2005, and are regulars at Manhattan's celeb-packed eatery the Waverly Inn.

Hathaway, 24, who sits on the board of the Follieri Foundation, a charitable group started by her boyfriend, will next be seen this summer opposite Steve Carell in Get Smart and is currently shooting the Bride Wars with Kate Hudson in New York.

Like this story? Click on the Yahoo Buzz! button below to Buzz it up!
</H1>

in some photos he looks way older than 29.. :ninja: i thought he was like 40

There's no such thing as innocent and guilty in a civil suit.

So we can make all the judgments we want :lol:

in some photos he looks way older than 29.. :ninja: i thought he was like 40

Yeah....I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he looks older because
of his "money woes". All that worrying can age a person...:ninja:

Follieri has been arrested again and it's much more serious this time. The bail is priced at 21 million and needs 5 co-signers.

I am indifferent towards Anne Hathaway, and I know they just broke up, but I wonder how likely it is that she does not know about ANY of his doings. Afterall, she sits on the board of his foundation.

^That's what I think too. Shady, eh? I'm sure she must know something.

Frankly I think this all says a lot about her own character as well that she stayed with this man so long. He clearly is a pathological liar and career criminal...

She's not in a bad position, she is beautiful and has a great career. It should not be hard for her to find someone half-way decent. Obivously she only got rid of him because this recent arrest was going to blow up a little too big, afterall she was already questioned, and if he goes to trial she will no doubt be on the stand.

msn.com

GetSmartRC_069057_513.jpg

Romance Report: Anne's Diary Drama

Hathaway_061908_Reuters_240.jpg
Anne and Raffaello smile -- the former sweetly, the latter shiftily -- at the Oscars in February.
Is the FBI snooping into Anne Hathaway's deepest, darkest secrets? The New York Daily News says federal agents investigating the allegedly shady dealings of her former flame Raffaello Follieri recently confiscated her "intimate" journals during a search of the beleaguered Italian businessman's $37,500-a-month Trump Tower apartment. (We'll spare you the obvious "Princess Diaries" reference, although we do wonder if any entries began, "Dear Diary: Today I realized just how much Raffaello looks like Zach Braff, and it really unnerved me. I don't know what to do ...) No word on what kind of private info the actress's old-school scribblings might contain, but the feds also reportedly scooped up personal pics of the couple in happier times, along with a Tiffany clock and an antique Bible. Hathaway is now said to be freezing out her onetime beau, who is currently sitting in the slammer on fraud and money laundering charges. "She's changed her numbers so he can't reach her," a pal informs the paper. "Raffaello has been trying to call her all the time." Maybe she just couldn't hear her phone over the sound of cheesy power ballads. People says Anne warbled Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" during a karaoke outing with friends and family at a Cape May, N.J., restaurant on Monday night. (If it's any consolation, the song is now stuck in our head, too.)

Yeah....I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he looks older because
of his "money woes". All that worrying can age a person...:ninja:

I agree, maybe he's lying about his age too :lol:

Poor Anne, thought I'm not sure how she was so clueless.

The new vanity fair article about Anne and her ex Raffaello Follieri is soooo good. I can't believe she was still with him up until late June. And she definitely knew about his charity not having money being as she was a board member. The article makes her look needy and a drama queen. But I will chalk it up to her being young and stupid. She was 21 when they starting dating. His lifestyle, money and power would make any women want to continue to be in a relationship.

She knew. I'm sure she knew about the troubles long before it came out to the public.

I'll have to read the Vanity Fair article when it becomes available, I havent seen the issue at the news stand yet.

^You don't have to wait it's on the front page of vanityfair.com.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/features/2008/10/follieri200810

I was really fascinated by the article.

There's not a doubt that Anne knew, in fact the article flat out says (and the pi and Anne's father say) that Anne's father hired a private eye to investigate her new bf because Follieri was living off Anne. When the PI found all the dirt Anne's father called her and they had a meeting to tell her about their concerns.

Eventually she resigned from the charity anyway before he was arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->