Anne Valerie Hash F/W 07-08 Paris

Spacemiu said:
Some of it is great, but some of it looks really uninspired
Agreed, it's a little hit and miss. And I strongly dislike some of the fabrics. A few grrrreat pieces, though, and overall definitely an improvement from last season.

oh Amelia , that's probably one of my favorite collections from her too [if not the very favorite i must say!], that's how I understood Valerie.. slightly masculine, very gothic, elegant..and so romantic. :heart:
it's funny because right about the time of that show, she also said she wanted to be 'less conceptual'..which is a pity, i think...

anyway, this collection, though overwhelmingly commercial, I still think it's very strong and.. quite lovely, can't say I'm not pleased. :P

MulletProof said:
(...).. slightly masculine, very gothic, elegant..and so romantic. :heart:

^that's my vision of that fashion house, really. Imo she's too into leggings recently :blink: I see it and can't believe it's still the same person who creates A-VH collections season by season.

And I had no idea it wasn't HC! So thank you, softgrey, for mentioning.

Really good. Love the rich colours and the nice little white section at the end.

V.elegant.

Not very exciting (even if it's hard for RTW to look exciting after you seen so much couture), but well done. I want some of the jackets (very nice cuts, I think) and dresses. Those gold shimmering outifts are just ugly.

Chanel better work. Hers is my favorite outfit, by far.

it's a little blah for me...:ermm:
i only like irina's outfit on the first page

Thank you SO much for posting pictures! One of my very favorite designers. Love it!!!

I totally agree Mullet! I felt like I was going crazy with everyone saying what an improvement it was when to me, it's so far away from the 'real' AVH. The understated gothic romantic elements are missing. My fav. HC might even be before that 2005 show you posted but I was hoping for more from her.

wwd.com

apparently she's launching a handbag line..

Published: Wednesday, January 24, 2007
The Other Side of Paris - Anne Valerie Hash, Felipe Oliveira Baptista
This season creates an opportunity for some ready-to-wear designers, whose small shows are sandwiched between the couture presentations.

Anne Valerie Hash: Some things are a matter of black and white. Such was the case with Anne Valerie Hash's fall ready-to-wear collection, in which she worked a positive/negative dichotomy. If her bold white tailoring looked a bit tricked up, Hash more than made up for it on the sober side of the divide where she wrapped youthful sobriety in considerable charm — moody schoolgirl duds; a Black Swan tutu edged in silver; a collage shift inset with assorted moody prints. Still, something was missing: any sightings of the terrific new handbags with which Hash hopes to make inroads into the U.S. Though there's something to be said for her purist approach to showing, perhaps next time Hash should take a cue from the marketing-oriented bigwigs and flaunt some of those beauties for the cameras.

She seems to be channelling Martine Sitbon or Bruno Pieters with this collection. At least she's evolved from all that tired deconstruction and floppy menswear even if some of the looks should have been edited, really.

After so much so-called couture (a big big game where the winner is the one who does the most theatric, unwearable, colorful, full of pearls/sequins/whatever dresses, worn by models whose face are painted with make-up as if they were Kandinsky's works of art) it's so good to see that subtleness, effortless poetry and simplicity.
Totally in love with AVH which is a thousand miles away from the whole fashion trends concept. I still can't understand how is she still here because I don't see her selling a lot.

oh, i love this. i love the mixed prints (or pattern clashes as i like to call them :wink:) and the shapes are lovely. i was just looking at this at vogue and i'm super into it.

i love that particular collection too, mullet :heart:

this is sooo ugly i could not imagine anyone wearing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harusu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->