Anne Valerie Hash FW 05.06 Haute Couture Paris

While I agree with diorling over her lack of venturing into new areas...it's still a great collection. She really makes couture modern and fresh without gimmicky themes or celebrity endorsements.

it's very nice. but not very different from what's in stores now, last season she was just as far from menswear vocab. what i'd like to ask is - if it's modern and fresh (keeping in mind it's pret-a-porter not really couture) than who's the client and what's the occasion to wear the more complicated pieces like these new skirts or long dresses from last season coz her trade mark shirts i understand - the rest doesn't look very flattering to the figure or easy to wear.

Lily looks great, but like for me - collection litlle bit tacky. I'm not this designer's fan. So what can I say?

coconut said:
what i'd like to ask is - if it's modern and fresh (keeping in mind it's pret-a-porter not really couture) than who's the client .

i'm the client, here here, i just dont have the cash..
i could wear these to parties and openings, to dinners, i'd wear it anywhere really

(excuses but i dont understand clearly the rest of your question, i dont know which skirts you are talking about)

I agree with most people here, AVH has done no wrong in my eyes :crush: .. And I am finally seeing the appeal of Lily Cole..

pointup said:
.. And I am finally seeing the appeal of Lily Cole..
me too :mellow:

by the way, where can i see the entire collection? :doh:

Why do people think this can't be couture? Because it's not over the top and ostentatious? Couture literally is off-the-peg, or made to measure. Even drawsting pants can be made to measure, to fit a specific client. That makes it couture. The craft behind it makes it couture and I think with collections like this, pictures do it no justice because it's not over the top and obvious.

MulletProof said:
me too :mellow:

by the way, where can i see the entire collection? :doh:

the collection is up at vogue.de :flower: (i'm a bit hesitant to post pics of it bc better quality ones will be up at the other vogue sites tomorrow, i think...german vogue's pics aren't that great :blink:)

Meg said:
Why do people think this can't be couture? Because it's not over the top and ostentatious? Couture literally is off-the-peg, or made to measure. Even drawsting pants can be made to measure, to fit a specific client. That makes it couture. The craft behind it makes it couture and I think with collections like this, pictures do it no justice because it's not over the top and obvious.

well some of it is p-a-p , some of it is truely couture, she is recognized as a couture house.

Lena said:
i'm the client, here here, i just dont have the cash..
i could wear these to parties and openings, to dinners, i'd wear it anywhere really

(excuses but i dont understand clearly the rest of your question, i dont know which skirts you are talking about)

so basically a client for anne-valerie would need great taste and a heavy wallet - a not so common combination unfortunatelly.
she's been in moscow for several seasons now, and most stores put her near ann d and sharon wauchob and margiela. considering that her clothes are for the client who likes the reconstructed. which not really right of course with this new tender mood she's in.
skirts - i got stuck on the first picture in the thread. short voluminous skirts seem to only work on very tall and leggy ladies, non?

how does one define what is couture? Is there some set of 'rules' set to formally classify couture from pap? does the french fashion establishment set this in the same way it does with aoc's in wine.

helena said:
how does one define what is couture? Is there some set of 'rules' set to formally classify couture from pap? does the french fashion establishment set this in the same way it does with aoc's in wine.
Ya, the
The Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture has specific rules regarding what is and isn't Haute Couture.

I think some are it has to be made in an Atelier with at least 50 seamstresses. Oh, has to be at least 50 looks, both day and night (most
Couturiers break this rule). There are some more. I was reading on ModeAParis.com and it turns out Anne Valerie Hash is an guest member, which means that she's not considered fully Haute Couture, she's allowed to show. Turns out you have to be sponsored to be a guest member, Adam Jones and Baptista were sponsored by Chloe and Gaulter and Hermes, respectively. They were voted in on April 14 as invited to be in the Haute Couture week.

Haute Couture Members

[size=-1]ADELINE ANDRÉ[/size]
[size=-1]CHANEL
[/size][size=-1]CHRISTIAN DIO[/size][size=-1]R[/size]
[size=-1]CHRISTIAN LACROIX
[/size][size=-1]DOMINIQUE SIROP
[/size][size=-1]EMANUEL UNGARO
FRANCK SORBIER
[/size][size=-1]
[/size][size=-1]GIVENCHY[/size][size=-1]
[/size][size=-1]JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
[/size][size=-1]JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER
[/size]

Correspondents members

[size=-1]GIORGIO ARMANI [/size]
[size=-1]VALENTINO
VERSACE
[/size]

Guests members

[size=-1]ADAM JONES
ANNE VALÉRIE HASH
ELIE SAAB
FELIPE OLIVEIRA BAPTISTA
[/size][size=-1]LAURENT MERCIER
MARC LE BIHAN
ON AURA TOUT VU
[/size]​

Last edited by a moderator:
coconut said:
so basically a client for anne-valerie would need great taste and a heavy wallet - a not so common combination unfortunatelly.
she's been in moscow for several seasons now, and most stores put her near ann d and sharon wauchob and margiela. considering that her clothes are for the client who likes the reconstructed. which not really right of course with this new tender mood she's in.
skirts - i got stuck on the first picture in the thread. short voluminous skirts seem to only work on very tall and leggy ladies, non?
i'd like to answer that...
i would easily wear a lot of the pieces...
not the shorter ones so much...they are a bit young and 'frothy' for me...
*i'd rather look like a 'godess' than a 'nymph'...
after all..
the goddess rules the nymphs...:wink:

and i'd wear them to a party or gallery opening or dinner or show...
really...anywhere...
i find them really lovely and feminine without being vulgar...
:heart:

luxmode said:
the collection is up at vogue.de :flower: (i'm a bit hesitant to post pics of it bc better quality ones will be up at the other vogue sites tomorrow, i think...german vogue's pics aren't that great :blink:)
ahh, thank you luxmode, it takes quite a while to put her collection up on the main sites while valentino is almost up on the same day :(

*gasps* just saw it on vogue.uk and it's absolutely beautiful! i love the use of lace in pants..or leggings?. :unsure: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->