Anne Valerie Hash FW 05.06 Haute Couture Paris

Better than her last season, but yet again, I feel like I must be missing something...I realize I'm in the minority here, but I just don't see what the big deal is with AVH. While she obviously has an abundance of design skills, I don't think she can be considered an original talent. Imo she's essentially a follower; someone who speaks the same aesthetic language as the (Belgian) avant-garde, but in a voice that isn't entirely her own. For that reason, her work strikes me as quite timid, and therefore forgettable.

I think this has become really obvious ever since she stopped doing reconstructed menswear; while that wasn't particularly original either, at least at that point she had a clearly defined identity, which her collections now seem to lack. This one is no exception; it may be pretty, and entirely inoffensive, but what makes it uniquely Anne Valerie Hash? I just can't say.

Last edited by a moderator:
good post droogist...
excellent observations...

great having you around...:flower:

:heart:

Thanks softgrey :heart: I wish I could be here more often but have been absurdly busy lately, I've only been able to pop in for a bit and then pop out again....wah.

droogist said:
Better than her last season, but yet again, I feel like I must be missing something...I realize I'm in the minority here, but I just don't see what the big deal is with AVH. While she obviously has an abundance of design skills, I don't think she can be considered an original talent. Imo she's essentially a follower; someone who speaks the same aesthetic language as the (Belgian) avant-garde, but in a voice that isn't entirely her own. For that reason, her work strikes me as quite timid, and therefore forgettable.

I think this has become really obvious ever since she stopped doing reconstructed menswear; while that wasn't particularly original either, at least at that point she had a clearly defined identity, which her collections now seem to lack. This one is no exception; it may be pretty, and entirely inoffensive, but what makes it uniquely Anne Valerie Hash? I just can't say.

I agree. While she undeniably makes gorgeous clothes she doesn't have a strong voice. I sort of feel like you could take any fresh Antwerp grad and they could do something just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
beauty. i have been a fan for a while, and enjoy her changes and growth. i love her perspective and could easily see myself in her clothes. delicious.

im sorry but the only people who really show remarkable stuff at the haute couture shows are Galliano for Dior, Christian Lacroix, and Gaultier. everyone else is sooooooooooooo boring, i though fashion was about being different, not looking like everything else thats in the windows of Casual Corner.

Anne-Valérie Hash S/S 2006 ???

Hi.
I can't seem to find any pictures of [SIZE=-1]Anne-Valérie Hash's Spring/Summer 2006 collection. I also searched this forum, but only found threads on older collections.

Does anyone have some?

TIA :flower:
[/SIZE]

Anne-Valerie only shows at HC. It's not till January.

Just going to post the photos

I am big fan AVH

vogue.co.uk

00010f.jpg

00020f.jpg

00030f.jpg

00160f.jpg

(someone questioned the wearability...someone could easily wear this, for instance, and many of the other looks..in my opinion)
00180f.jpg

00190f.jpg

00200f.jpg

00210f.jpg

00220f.jpg

there is a luxurious, slow rhythm to her asymmetrical pieces especially...i can't describe it...it's just very thick and rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaschoolshooter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->