Another Man: debut issue

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

092805_3.jpg

Kate Moss is set to make her first editorial appearance since the cocaine abuse allegations that last week caused several brands to drop her from their ads. The inaugural issue of Another Man, edited by Moss' former boyfriend — and the father of her daughter — Jefferson Hack, features a 10-page fashion shoot of Moss dressed in Dior Homme's fall 2006 collection. The feature was shot by Willy Vanderperre. Another Man, a spin-off of the women's fashion title Another Magazine, will hit U.K. newsstands Oct. 6. "I'm not sure if the magazine was printed [before or after the allegations], though the shoot was done earlier in the year," said Alasdair MacGregor, p.r. manager for the Dazed & Confused group, founded by Hack, which publishes Another and Dazed & Confused magazines. MacGregor said the group wasn't in the least concerned about the shoot, in light of Moss' recent bad press. "Absolutely not. It's a beautiful shoot," he said. Another Man also features a mix of art, writing, music and fashion. Contributors include Craig McDean, Tracey Emin, Anthony Haden Guest and Nick Knight.

I would love to see that Kate Moss editorial. Can someone who got the magazine please scan it??? :heart:

i thought it wasnt out until october 6th :huh: ? i'm a assuming its a British based magazine like Dazed and Confused and Another Magazine are

Kate Moss in Dior Homme? Sounds like they're off to a good start IMO...I wonder if/when it hits shelf in the US...I'll be keepin' an eye out for this one..

should be interesting, thanks kimair!
i love the retro look of the cover.

It's out days ago in Hong Kong, I got one copy and I spent hours reading it, a must buy!!

I am envious of everyone who has access to this magazine!!! I wanna see the Kate Moss shoot and the Joaquin Phoenix article, he looks very cool on the cover channeling Johnny Cash.

yourbestfriend said:
I would liek to see this one, is it possible to get outside of UK?

I saw it the other day in the newsstands here in Sweden... looked interesting and I will pick it up tomorrow.

According to an email I just got it came out on the 6th in Britain Here's the cover:
Joaquin looks great

(from Dazed & Confused)

Attachments

• 20051011170116_anothermancover.jpg
    20051011170116_anothermancover.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
It's out in New York as of a couple days ago. Cover is cool and I love the little film strip of Joaquin down the spine of the magazine. Other than that, the fashion is quite underwhelming. Apart from Craig McDean, there really aren't any star photographers featured. But Willy Vanderperre does have a cool shoot with Kate modeling Dior Homme fall 2005. There's a decent amount of written content which I found pleasantly surprising.

metal-on-metal said:
It's out in New York as of a couple days ago. Cover is cool and I love the little film strip of Joaquin down the spine of the magazine. Other than that, the fashion is quite underwhelming. Apart from Craig McDean, there really aren't any star photographers featured. But Willy Vanderperre does have a cool shoot with Kate modeling Dior Homme fall 2005. There's a decent amount of written content which I found pleasantly surprising.

Thank you. I'll check that out...

metal-on-metal said:

Exactly my thoughts!!!! I liked the photo-spine too!!!! Looks nice on the shelf!:wink:

I got the magazine a couple of days ago and it's quite cool! I liked the articles very much because they deal with interesting subjects, which are not necessarily of mainstrem interest and which you would not find in a fashion magazine... It has strong similarities whith "Another Magazine" (also published by Jefferson Hack), only that the fashion is (mainly) for men.

It's worth buying!

I liked the photoshoot of Joseph Gordon Levitt by Terry Richardson:P

What are the articles about? Are they well-written? I find that articles in men's magazines tend to be really ironic and crass, as if "real" men don't think deep thoughts.

They have the same style that the Articlew in Another Magazine have, if you know what I mean... No similarities with other mens magazines... very interesting and quite well reading... could be easily reead by all genders! :flower:

Sorry didn't realise Kimair had already posted the cover up :doh:

Another Man sounds good though,I'll see if I can get over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->