Anybody Here Like Laura Mercier?

i use her primer.....very good

i couldnt find the right foundation for my skin tone but bought a slightly lighter one and mixed it with loreal.....it was perfect

i am going to try this camouflage concealer....sounds promising.....thanks for the suggestions....:flower:

Hanne said:
On the back of my LM primer there is a little round box with a 6 mth in it - is there no such thing on your tint ? Maybe this rule about marking the products with expiration dates is part of a European regulation ?? :unsure:

I bought my current tube from London, it has no sticker at the back. I bought my last tube from Canada and I also don't remember it having a "best before" sticker...hmm....it's hard to describe the smell but it's a bit 'stinky' :lol:. I don't want to shell out another 30 quid so I'll just keep using it...and hopefully it's not too damaging to my skin.

are they expensive? I noticed they use these product for fashion shows a lot.

tried the blush on. i have it in rose petal. it's good, but am not really impressed. any other opinion bout this?

i just got the tinted moisturizer today! now i want the secret camouflage since everyone's been saying its so good! haha

I adore her lipstick in the shade "healthy lips" - If you have pale skin and rosy cheeks it makes them look incredibly natural and full.

Inspired by sun_goddess in the make-up bag thread, I thought I'd revive this thread with my love for Laura Mercier products :woot:

My favorites:

- primer
- tinted moisturizer
- eye liner in marine bleu
- secret camouflage

Next item on my list:

- StickGloss in Peony :heart:

And my only disappointment:

- secret brightener :doh: GREAT product... horrible packaging. I felt like I got totally ripped off when it ran out a couple of weeks later. If it was in a pot, I'd give it another shot!

So true..it's nice, but it's kinda a waste.
I know LM is loved by many, but maybe I just haven't bought the right products...because I haven't really loved any of my LM purchases. The mineral finishing powder and the mineral foundations powders weren't really great...
But there are still other LM products I'd like to try :doh: but I'm not in a hurry to go back to their counter because it's an expensive trial and error :huh:

^^ LoL after saying all that, I just went there today and bought a whole bunch of stuff.
Actually it was a pack which worked out to be really good value.
It includes:
Tinted Moisturiser
Primer
Undercover Pot (secret cam duo in flip top/loose powder beneath)
SC Brush
Camouflage Powder Brush
Velour Puff and Sponge

So if after trying those and I still don't LM, then I definitely done stopping by that counter!!

I bought her mineral powder foundation and eyeliner yesterday and I love love love them! Finally a foundation pale enough to look good on me.

I wish I knew why it made my face itch though....

sometimes mineral make up is itchy for some people..I don't remember which ingredient makes you react exactly but I heard it from a lot of people using mineral make up from several brands..so at least it's not laura mercier's fault :flower:

Is it anything to worry about? I do feel quite itchy, but the finish is so good I'm prepared to ignore it!

i just tried the new caviar cake eye liner and so far...its great. gives a smokey eye that can be built up or applied more subtly and it doesnt seem to smear into creases at all. thats a huge plus for me.

Thats the one I've got. I love it!

Can I ask, has anyone got the silk creme foundation? How do you find it?

sometimes mineral make up is itchy for some people..I don't remember which ingredient makes you react exactly but I heard it from a lot of people using mineral make up from several brands..so at least it's not laura mercier's fault :flower:

That would be bismuth oxychloride. Not all mineral makeup contains it, for example Everyday Minerals doesn't.

Is it something to avoid? I don't like the feeling at all, but I'm willing to put up with it for healthy skin...

If it irritates your skin, don't use it, as it can aggravate skin conditions. Just find a brand that doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride.

I bought the laura mercier silk creme foundation to replace it. Annoying, but halfway through the day it slips off my face, and when I sweat at work it streaks right down to my neck. It was so expensive too!

I really like her makeup specially my blush brush I know is not make up, but it is super soft .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->