Anybody Here Like Laura Mercier?

calypso

Reaction score
Does anybody use Laura Mercier? What do you think? I love Secret Camoflauge!

love the oil free foundation, loose powder, and primer!

I know! I love the primer so much, too. How do you wash your brushes?

i have never used anything but her lipstick and i hated the smell and taste of it so much i could not wear it.... it was too strong for me or something...

but i have heard great stuff about the camofaluge.... why do you love it? is it heavy???

:heart: Secret Camouflage :heart: It's a concealer for any skin flaw you have but not for under eyes -- Secret Concealer is for that. I use it for roseacea and it works wonders. If you've got any marks or scars, go by an LM counter for a demo. I think it's worth it!

No, it's not heavy at all...it feels like other concealers. And I don't like wearing a lot of makeup at all, so I think it feels fine. Normally I just wear concealer. But this one just seems to brighten your face and cover any blemish or discoloration better than any other cover up or concealer I've ever used! It's definitely worth a try. Go find it at your counter and have them try it on you.

Originally posted by tealady@Oct 21st, 2003 - 9:09 pm
:heart: Secret Camouflage :heart: It's a concealer for any skin flaw you have but not for under eyes -- Secret Concealer is for that. I use it for roseacea and it works wonders. If you've got any marks or scars, go by an LM counter for a demo. I think it's worth it!
Camouflage its THE BEST CONCEALER around!...trust me about this, I use it all over my face, with a foundation brush, you pick up small amounts, and you brush over and over, you will get a great coverage and absolutely no build up and you will feel the makeup light.. it works wonders!!

As for her skincare..I have tried best :wink:

I love her foundations (but none are a perfect match for my skin by themselves... :( ) both the oil free and the compact. I absolutely adore her eye foundation which works really well as a concealer as well as her secret concealer and camouflage.
I havethe same problem as Lele with the lipstick. too much flavour and scents on them... :yuk: But I love some colors especially Vixen.
And I like some of her brushes, especially the smudger.

Sofia

i should try out this camouflage product. it sounds good.

i am a LAURA MERCIER mascara fan... i get it sent to me from london every time i need it :blush:

Her blue mascara is the BEST blue mascara I've tested!

Sofia

Wow...

I just picked up the oil free foundation + Secret Camouflage & Secret Concealer duo today. I am in looove!

Lately I have been using Lancome oil free fdn. and prescriptives camouflage cream but the finish was way too "fake" looking.

I have used everything from Chanel to Clinique for my combo. skin. Nothing has really won me over - till now. Ahh, smooth happy skin!

T. :smile:

I dislike her oil free foundation...it looked all craked up on my skin..but her moisurizing foundation :heart: :heart: :heart: !

Get samples of the colour that suits you in both versions of the foundation before buying it...I was so disappointed with the oil free version but fell in love with the moisurizing one !

Inspired by sun_goddess in the make-up bag thread, I thought I'd revive this thread with my love for Laura Mercier products :woot:

My favorites:

- primer
- tinted moisturizer
- eye liner in marine bleu
- secret camouflage

Next item on my list:

- StickGloss in Peony :heart:

And my only disappointment:

- secret brightener :doh: GREAT product... horrible packaging. I felt like I got totally ripped off when it ran out a couple of weeks later. If it was in a pot, I'd give it another shot!

hi,

i rarely put on make-up and when i do it's usually very minimal. however, i love laura mercier products! my favorites are shimmer loose powder in star dust and my newly acquired mosaic shimmer bloc :heart: . now i am thinking of getting the pink mosaic, it's just so insanely pretty!

I love the primer - but I don't wear foundation every single day, so the primer lasts a long time for me - I just noticed (with the new added "best before" markings on products) that the primer is only good for 6 months.:shock:

I have the secret concealer (& brush), secret camouflage, and tinted moisturizor. How long does is a tube of TM good for, does anyone know? It's starting to smell a bit stinky/makeup-ky!

Next I plan to get the powder and perhaps the shimmer mosaic thing, it looks so pretty!

On the back of my LM primer there is a little round box with a 6 mth in it - is there no such thing on your tint ? Maybe this rule about marking the products with expiration dates is part of a European regulation ?? :unsure:

Expiration dates are just a reference.
If you keep products away from heat and light they will be fine for a longer period.

Just make sure to check on them: smell, texture, appeareance, etc

Another thing is to take in mind the kind of packaging.
Something that is inside a tube is less prone to go bad than a product that is inside a pot.

I prefer Bobbi Brown to LM. However, LM's concealer is fab.

I find LM's TM and her primer and her blushes overrated though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->