Anywhere To Get Dior Homme In Sf?

There was a large amount of Dior Homme at Neiman's sales.

However Neiman Marcus is not going to buy Dior Homme anymore. The replacement will be Alexander McQueen's men's line.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Sep 11 2004, 02:57 AM
There was a large amount of Dior Homme at Neiman's sales.

However Neiman Marcus is not going to buy Dior Homme anymore. The replacement will be Alexander McQueen's men's line.
[snapback]363180[/snapback]​

What? No tall skinny rich people in SF? I don't beleive it :shock:

Originally posted by faust@Sep 11 2004, 03:45 PM
What? No tall skinny rich people in SF? I don't beleive it :shock:
[snapback]363768[/snapback]​

I don't know why but the salespeople told me that Dior will be replaced with McQueen as Dior did not sell that well.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Sep 11 2004, 04:25 PM
I don't know why but the salespeople told me that Dior will be replaced with McQueen as Dior did not sell that well.
[snapback]363811[/snapback]​

Yes I was told the same thing... Neiman will not carry Dior Homme anymore... BUT saks at SF and LA are picking up the Dior Homme... so Californians are not effected that much.. I think it is got to do with the licensing issue... I heard that Dior Homme did really well at Saks, especially the NY(which really bizzares me because it seems to me that dior homme at saks NY is pretty slow to go even when the sales is at 30%... )

BUT LA and NY still has the strongest and most distribution point out of whole USA.

My only issues is now that the only store that carries Dior Homme in Toronto will discontinue as well because it does NOT sell AT ALL.. I picked up like 20 pieces of clothing when they went on 60%... (which really kind of break my bank :cry: :blush: but I will survive!!!!) So if anyone knows who is going to carry Dior Homme in Toronto, any information/rumours would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think a lot of people are picking up alexander mcqueen to test the market... and that's what the Neiman is doing and same with Holt Renfrew(like Neiman or saks in USA) in Toronto are doing.. but they have very very limited selection....

I will actually be heading out to LA early october to check all the stores out for Alexander Mcqueen and Dior Homme.. can't wait....

I too am surprised that DH does well at the Saks NYC. When Act One rolls around (30% off) you defintely can still find a good selection of sale items, and during Act Two (60%) off, there is still a decent amount left. I've liked some pieces, but DH isn't made for my body type. :lol: A friend of mine likes DH and the loves the Saks sales. They can be a goldmine for certain brands, especially things like DH.

Saks is supposedly trying to focus their image on more upscale/somewhat rare brands (to more directly compete with Neimans)..

I'm still finding it hard to believe that only one store in SF carries the brand. I figured the Saks in SF (being the West Coast flagship, both the mens and womens store) would defintely carry DH, even before the Beverly Hills Saks did, given the customer in SF is a bit different (and more similar to NYC) than L.A.

Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 11 2004, 10:56 PM
Yes I was told the same thing... Neiman will not carry Dior Homme anymore... BUT saks at SF and LA are picking up the Dior Homme... so Californians are not effected that much.. I think it is got to do with the licensing issue... I heard that Dior Homme did really well at Saks, especially the NY(which really bizzares me because it seems to me that dior homme at saks NY is pretty slow to go even when the sales is at 30%... )

[snapback]364066[/snapback]​

Well, I was just in downtown SF and decided to find out.

Saks doesn't have them. They told me that Neiman's dropped them as well, but suggested I go to the Dior store.

The Dior store didn't have them and suggested I go to Saks or Neimans. I told them they didn't have them. They said I would have to go to the NY store in that case.

Just for completion, not because I didn't trust the very nice people at Saks, I went to Neimans. They told me they don't carry them any more, but that Saks is going to pick them up next season.

Bottom line: there does not seem to be any place in SF to buy Dior Homme jeans right now.

It definitely provided much of an afternoon's entertainment. :lol:

My only issues is now that the only store that carries Dior Homme in Toronto will discontinue as well because it does NOT sell AT ALL.. I picked up like 20 pieces of clothing when they went on 60%... (which really kind of break my bank but I will survive!!!!) So if anyone knows who is going to carry Dior Homme in Toronto, any information/rumours would be greatly appreciated!!!

who will buy DH from that store in Toronto when not on sale ? The original price of the robot tee was less than US$300 in NY, but was selling at CAD $500. I would rather phone and buy from Jeffrey NY and pay the import duty. That shop is just ridiculus. I guess they still have some S/S items left.

Quite a journey, but the report is well appreciated, especially being that I'll be in the Bay Area next month.

Nothing at Wilkes Bashford either?? (unlikely) If I remember I'll try and call tomorrow.

Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 12 2004, 08:08 PM
Well, I was just in downtown SF and decided to find out.

Saks doesn't have them. They told me that Neiman's dropped them as well, but suggested I go to the Dior store.

The Dior store didn't have them and suggested I go to Saks or Neimans. I told them they didn't have them. They said I would have to go to the NY store in that case.

Just for completion, not because I didn't trust the very nice people at Saks, I went to Neimans. They told me they don't carry them any more, but that Saks is going to pick them up next season.

Bottom line: there does not seem to be any place in SF to buy Dior Homme jeans right now.

It definitely provided much of an afternoon's entertainment. :lol:
[snapback]365196[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 12 2004, 07:21 PM
Quite a journey, but the report is well appreciated, especially being that I'll be in the Bay Area next month.

Nothing at Wilkes Bashford either?? (unlikely) If I remember I'll try and call tomorrow.
[snapback]365316[/snapback]​

Oops, forgot to check there. I always think of them as catering to a more conservative style and that is probably why I didn't remember your suggestion. Do post back the results of your call!

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 11 2004, 10:28 PM
I too am surprised that DH does well at the Saks NYC. When Act One rolls around (30% off) you defintely can still find a good selection of sale items, and during Act Two (60%) off, there is still a decent amount left. I've liked some pieces, but DH isn't made for my body type. :lol: A friend of mine likes DH and the loves the Saks sales. They can be a goldmine for certain brands, especially things like DH.

Saks is supposedly trying to focus their image on more upscale/somewhat rare brands (to more directly compete with Neimans)..

I'm still finding it hard to believe that only one store in SF carries the brand. I figured the Saks in SF (being the West Coast flagship, both the mens and womens store) would defintely carry DH, even before the Beverly Hills Saks did, given the customer in SF is a bit different (and more similar to NYC) than L.A.
[snapback]364102[/snapback]​

2nd Saks sales. As much as I hate that store, I'll go for the bargains twice a year :lol: . Love all the Watanabe and Schonberger (and women's Ann Demeulemeester and Yamamoto) hanging at 60-70% off. They may try to compete with, I'd say Barneys not Saks, all they want, but they simply don't have the customer base for it. Which works for us :lol:

Whats so special about Dior Homme? I'm in the LA area, but I'm sure you can just call the store and they can ship an order to you. I have never been to Maxfield.

Wilkes Bashford is a very classic oriented store. However they do have Roberto Cavalli for women.

I don't doubt that Dior Homme didn't sell a Neiman's because when I went to the presale at the Neiman's outlet they had loads of it for like nothing. I got a t-shirt for $40. I would seriously go to your neighborhood Neiman Marcus Last Call Clearance Center and check.

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 22 2004, 10:22 PM
I don't doubt that Dior Homme didn't sell a Neiman's because when I went to the presale at the Neiman's outlet they had loads of it for like nothing. I got a t-shirt for $40. I would seriously go to your neighborhood Neiman Marcus Last Call Clearance Center and check.
[snapback]373142[/snapback]​

Oh, great, now you want me to drive to the newburry commons for 2 hours!!! :angry: :lol:

I had no idea that the NM Last Call had a pre-sale like the actual NM store. How is the selection usually and are you on an email/mailer type thing for this? I've never heard about this before from any of the Last Call associates....they do run special events which can include discounts.....I'll have to get on that mailer.....

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 22 2004, 11:22 PM
[snapback]373142[/snapback]​

There's a Neiman Marcus Last Call in Elizabeth at the Jersey Gardens Mall, which is much closer than Woodbury. I actually find the selection there to be better than Woodbury. Everybody and their grandmother raids the stock at Woodbury and the good stuff at NM Last Call is gone fast. I'm talking about people knowing shipment dates, etc.
I never got the hype over Woodbury myself, seems like you can get the same discounts/better merchandise at a sale in the city, without the hassle.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 23 2004, 08:47 AM
Oh, great, now you want me to drive to the newburry commons for 2 hours!!! :angry: :lol:
[snapback]373429[/snapback]​

Since there is an NM last call (and saks outlet) like 5 minutes from my mom's house whenever I'm home I usually make my way over. So, usually the selection is pretty whatever, you have to dig for the best stuff (this is middle of nowhere Michigan after all, not NY). But, then one time a sales associate came up to me and invited me to go into their backroom/wharehouse to see all the new men's stuff which they were preselling to their "best" customers before putting it on the floor. That was the main difference between the NM last call presale and the regular NM presale. The clothes and such aren't put onto the floor for all to browse through, you have to be invited or make an appointment. But, the selection is seriously like 1000 times better than what is usally in the store. My new theory is that they presell their best stuff out of the wharehouse before most customers ever even see it. It was a really fun VIP experience (I am such a fashion nerd). They gave me a personal shopper (who knew at the outlet?) who first asked me "what are your favorite designers? Everything is arranged by desginer." I was like "uh, uhhhhh, them all?" It was shopping heaven, rack after rack of Prada, Dior, Gucci, Cavalli, Y3, Dolce, etc. And what made it even better was that everthing had like target prices. I only spent $160 (why didn't I bring more money?) that day and for that got: army green Dolce and Gabbana pants, Dior Homme t-shirt, Gucci leather belt, and Dolce flip flops. I really regret leaving behind all these armani jeans priced at 40-60 dollars and silver Dior Homme jeans originally $600, on sale for $125. I don't understand why they are so secretive and exclusive with their presales, but as a neiman marcus card holder and Incircle Rewards member I recieved no e-mail either from neimans or the store itself which has it's own mailing list. Rather for the presale they just had they personally called me and invited me to set up an appointment. That was the only way I heard about it. I can definately post something about the presale here the next time it happens (note: they do men's and women's seperately, because they get so much stuff they couldn't do both at once). So everyone can take advantage by calling their local store and setting up an appointment. It really is the time to get the best deals and selection, before "everyone and their grandmother" has sorted through it and bought the best stuff. Sorry this post is so long by the way :wink:

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 23 2004, 08:52 PM
There's a Neiman Marcus Last Call in Elizabeth at the Jersey Gardens Mall, which is much closer than Woodbury. I actually find the selection there to be better than Woodbury. Everybody and their grandmother raids the stock at Woodbury and the good stuff at NM Last Call is gone fast. I'm talking about people knowing shipment dates, etc.
I never got the hype over Woodbury myself, seems like you can get the same discounts/better merchandise at a sale in the city, without the hassle.
[snapback]374243[/snapback]​

Definitely agree about Woodbury, that's why the angry face icon. One can do much better at Century 21 or a clearance sale in a good store. Thanks for the info on Elizabeth, it's 20 min away from me.

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 23 2004, 10:07 PM
Since there is an NM last call (and saks outlet) like 5 minutes from my mom's house whenever I'm home I usually make my way over. So, usually the selection is pretty whatever, you have to dig for the best stuff (this is middle of nowhere Michigan after all, not NY). But, then one time a sales associate came up to me and invited me to go into their backroom/wharehouse to see all the new men's stuff which they were preselling to their "best" customers before putting it on the floor. That was the main difference between the NM last call presale and the regular NM presale. The clothes and such aren't put onto the floor for all to browse through, you have to be invited or make an appointment. But, the selection is seriously like 1000 times better than what is usally in the store. My new theory is that they presell their best stuff out of the wharehouse before most customers ever even see it. It was a really fun VIP experience (I am such a fashion nerd). They gave me a personal shopper (who knew at the outlet?) who first asked me "what are your favorite designers? Everything is arranged by desginer." I was like "uh, uhhhhh, them all?" It was shopping heaven, rack after rack of Prada, Dior, Gucci, Cavalli, Y3, Dolce, etc. And what made it even better was that everthing had like target prices. I only spent $160 (why didn't I bring more money?) that day and for that got: army green Dolce and Gabbana pants, Dior Homme t-shirt, Gucci leather belt, and Dolce flip flops. I really regret leaving behind all these armani jeans priced at 40-60 dollars and silver Dior Homme jeans originally $600, on sale for $125. I don't understand why they are so secretive and exclusive with their presales, but as a neiman marcus card holder and Incircle Rewards member I recieved no e-mail either from neimans or the store itself which has it's own mailing list. Rather for the presale they just had they personally called me and invited me to set up an appointment. That was the only way I heard about it. I can definately post something about the presale here the next time it happens (note: they do men's and women's seperately, because they get so much stuff they couldn't do both at once). So everyone can take advantage by calling their local store and setting up an appointment. It really is the time to get the best deals and selection, before "everyone and their grandmother" has sorted through it and bought the best stuff. Sorry this post is so long by the way :wink:
[snapback]374273[/snapback]​

hmm, that's interesting, do alert us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neoboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->