Apple's iPhone

Yes, just do a backup of your data and you will be ok when you sync the new phone to itunes. Good luck on Thursday! I am avoiding the crowds...luckily I got a pre-order in before they all sold out so its shipping to my office!

^Thanks so much! Yeah, I live in a smallish town so I didn't think it would sell out here, but an SA at the phone store said I had to be there when they opened at 8AM, as people were queuing at 5AM last time! I was extremely shocked! So I'm hopefull! I don't think I had the option to pre order at all, or i definetly would have!

^Yikes! I missed out on the preorders.. so I'm thinking of going to AT&T directly. Does anyone know if people will be swamping the AT&T stores on Thursday?? I hope not cuz I'm only allowed an hour or so to leave from work! :(

Oh, no doubt this'll probably another milder instance where people camp out in front of the Apple stores. Remember when the iPhone first came out? Phew. It probably won't be that bad, but I would expect crowds hence why many people decided to pre order.

I love the new OS4 update on my 3GS!! No need for the ugly iphone 4 anytime soon! :D

^Ok... I don't think the iphone 4 is ugly. Plus it has dual cameras and it comes in white with a bigger screen. It pretty much looks the same but with better features.

Anyway, I'll probably just wait until after they fulfill all the preorders and the orders of the release day before I step foot into the apple store or AT&T store. I hate crowds!

YAY! my bro is selling me his 3gs when he gets his hands on the new iphone! can't wait! the world of apple is calling out to me!

i d love to get the iphone 4 but am waiting for reviews..
i love my 3g but it doesn t have a video camero or a flash for pictures, that s pretty much the only downside.
other than that i LOVE it. i should ve gotten it way before

Those ultra-cases are really pretty, I especially like the carved one with flowers on it. I was actually searching for another new iphone case and I came across a site where you can actually design your own custom case (these are pretty cool!), http://custom.case-mate.com/imakemy...ases/iphone-3g-3gs-barely-there-custom-cases/

I'm considering getting one, it's pretty nice to think you can have a totally unique case that nobody else will have.

Also, on the topic of the Iphone 4, I think the 3G is a more attractive model, but I would love to have a video camera on my phone!

Just came back from the store and they sold out like 3 in front of me... I'm so annoyed!

Did anyone actually goto the store at 8AM to go get an iPhone 4? :shifty:

For some reason the software update for my iPhone 3Gs, will not download.
I tried multiple times last night, and again this morning, but nothing.

^I was there a little before 8 and there was a queue really far out the door, and this is a small town!

For once I'm not actually tempted to get the iPhone 4. Maybe's in a few months, yes. But defiantly not right now.
I just really want this software update to download correctly, and them I'm sorted :doh:.

I received my phone yesterday and I absolutely love it! The retina display is amazing. Its like an HD phone. I have never seen a display that is so crisp. I just tried out face time and it was so cool! This phone is much snappier than the 3GS too. Did anyone else get it?

Awesome! I think I'm just gonna preorder it and get it July 14th so that I don't have to go to the store. I called Apple and they were sold out within hours and they told me to come back tomorrow before 8.. but I have to work..

I contacted the Apple store too, to sort out this software update. They said they had people lining up outside at 6AM.
They actually advised me to wait a couple of weeks, if not a few months before buying one. And to keep reading reviews online.

^I called Apple customer service to order one because it wasn't working online, and then an error came up in their system. They THEN routed me to AT&T customer service.. which doesn't make sense since AT&T is not selling the iphone right now. AT&T customer service was closed so that was a big FAIL... lol I think I'll wait a few weeks/months too

^Ok... I don't think the iphone 4 is ugly. Plus it has dual cameras and it comes in white with a bigger screen. It pretty much looks the same but with better features.

I would definitely not argue with you regarding the feature- and function-wise improvements compared to the iPhone 3, but certainly 4 is a huge letdown design-wise compared to the previous model, which was pretty much flawless. Why fork perfection?

I just can't get around the fact that I find the iPhone 4 absolutely phugly, coming from Apple. It looks more like a plastic prototype than a finished, polished product, and in fact when I first saw the phone on Gizmodo that's precisely what I thought it was. I really hate the "stainless steel band" and its clumsy-looking buttons as well. I guess it's in line with the overall change in the stylistic direction of their product designs, but it's still ick. Very Nokia :yuk: -- if sleeker.

Would I buy it, though? I probably would. But only if my iPhone 3 broke irreparably. And even then I might just get a 3GS and save a couple of bucks in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the monthly bill out of control for this phone or is it manageable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->