Denim/Jean jackets

JunyaSchick

Reaction score
for me it seems that the denim jacket (something tht I personally hate) is coming back. I havent seen them in catwalks alothought brands such as diesel or levi´s always has one in their collections (but denim is their signature so...) but sometimes trends start in the street and recently I have seen at lot of denim-jackets in streetstyle blogs; as an example:
from stockholm street style and corykennedy blog

and the other the day going shopping I found in ZARA women new collection a denim jacket

do you think they are coming back?:flower:

YES!! They are definitely 'back' they have been so great to wear with dresses this summer.. but I think this is only a trend for the young, it's hard to pull off but it can look so good!

Definitely a trend from the street. :wink:

yey! they are back, kirsten dunst have been wearing them too, and Sienna miller keeps wearing her demin vest! but im not a fan of the Demin-demin combination...like jeans and demin coat...it looks awfull...
but i love to see for exemple a pair of dark blue shorts and a demin jacket (light color)

I think they have to be vintage, vintage Levi's jackets are the classic along with Wrangler.

It's feels so fresh and unpretentious.

I love them! I used to wear them when I was younger. I really need to buy one. They look just so hot again. Didn't think they will ever have a comeback. :lol:

^me neither, I never thought they will come back.

Paulina Rubio has been seen wearing one too

Were they really out?...
I admit I have worn one in the spring/summer for years...
:ninja:

I have just one...
I think it's xoxo ( :sick:) that I bought really long ago.
I love it b/c it has extra long sleeves and I dyed it myself b/c I thought it was too light before. Now it's the perfect denim blue.

^ ^
I never stopped wearing mine! It's cut really perfect for my build!

NO MORE, PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU!
I cannot see anymore denim and denim combos - its terrible! Unless we are totally reworking the garment in a whole new way (unlikely) - I just dont want to know!

^ :lol: don't this always seem to happen in the beginning of 'new trends' on TFS? A few pages down most people seem to change their minds. :P

I know it can look good. But also terrible, but that is the case with most things.

^no even later I will be dreading and suppressing their return!
But I know what you mean -with me its usually the more you are exposed to it the more it grows on you!

I love my denim jacket, and wasn't aware that they were ever "out". Denim jackets are as classic as the trench coat, and are the perfect jacket for summer/fall because they are light and easy to layer. Plus, it helps keep me warm from air conditioning (which I despise).

I think the Denim/Denim look can look good, if it's done right. French guys pull this off very well...they wear jeans and a denim jacket with a rumpled classic button down shirt (untucked with the top 2 buttons undone, of course) and a pull-over sweater. It looks so cute and unpretentious!

denim/denim is bad...reminds me of that tragic j-tim/britney look.

my bf has an old gap denim jacket that fits him perfectly. personally, i hate it, but he loves it, so who am i to rain on his parade? i do love denim jackets/blazers with lightweight trousers, frothy dresses and even cords.

hmm, as of right now, I'm kinda torn on this trend. I think it can be okay on certain people it just has to styled correctly (like others have said, absolutely NO denim-on-denim). I also think the fit is crucial.. it needs to tailored and polished. None of this :sick::
55084765.JPG

dkimages.com

However, I love this denim trench from the Gap!! :heart:
gp468546-00p01v01.jpg

thebudgetfashionista.com

I agree with miaou, denim jackets are a classic and can be worn in many ways. It is easy to go wrong with what is often known as the "Texas tuxedo/Canadian tux", but it can also be done beautifully.

I think they are a classic & can be worn with all sorts of outfits. I have 4 - a light and a dark 'traditional' style, a short fitted one (Katherine Hamnett), a red one with laced sides. For me, they are somethink that can be worn & re-worked year after year

hmmm, depending on the fit, style and wash it could go both ways..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->