Armani accuses Dolce & Gabbana of copying trouser design

Chaky

Reaction score
Fashionistas in row over trousers

By Duncan Kennedy
BBC News, Rome

The knives, not the scissors, are out at Milan Fashion Week after some of Italy's top designers become involved in a row over a pair of trousers.

Giorgio Armani has accused Dolce & Gabbana of copying him - whilst D&G, as they are known, say Armani has nothing to teach them.

The row started on Saturday when the top design duo, Dolce & Gabbana, showed off their new quilted silk trousers. On Sunday Giorgio Armani displayed trousers using the same technique.

After his show, fashion doyen Armani referred to D&G by telling reporters: "Now they copy, later they will learn."

Catwalk claws

But Dolce & Gabbana have retaliated by saying: "For sure we have much to learn - but certainly not from him."

They said Armani "has never been a source of inspiration for us and we stopped seeing his shows years ago".

They went on: "As Picasso used to say - copying from others is inevitable but copying from oneself leads to sterility."

Armani has yet to respond to all that. The claws on the catwalks are as sharp as ever, even in men's fashion.

BBC News

i wouldn't be surprised if they did to be honest. remember the debacle a while back when a london designer sued them for plagiarising her work from her london shop. it was settled so if that says anything i would suspect they do this on quite a consistent basis.

i wouldn't be surprised if they did to be honest. remember the debacle a while back when a london designer sued them for plagiarising her work from her london shop. it was settled so if that says anything i would suspect they do this on quite a consistent basis.

In this case they would've had to have a spy in Armani's workshop/team, right? I dunno ... at this point I might suspect them of doing it to get his goat :lol: Quilted pants would have limited appeal I should think ...

Armani needs to calm DOWN! NO one is looking at him for inspiration.....or at least not in recent years. I sure hope thats not where the D & G boys got the idea from....if so....SAD:innocent:. Armani is kinda lame....not that inovative, although I do admit it is very well made!:doh: Besides im sure quilted pants existed prior to Armani!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha so funny, love the reply from D&G, knew Armani wasn't very well liked by some in the Fashion industry who know him, this loks like an example of that! Eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->