Selfridges Vs. Dolce & Gabbana

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
FROM next spring, Selfridges will no longer stock Dolce & Gabbana after an alleged dispute between the department store and the designer brand.

It has been claimed that the falling out happened after Selfridges proposed changes to Dolce & Gabbana's in-store positions and those of its D&G line.

According to The Daily Telegraph and Drapers, it remains unclear whether Selfridges dropped Dolce & Gabbana or vice versa.

While the Dolce & Gabbana's Milan office is closed for the rest of August (and the UK office is unable to comment), Selfridges has said: "We constantly seek to improve the diversity and presentation of our brand portfolio and address the demands of our ever-evolving fashion and accessories departments. To this end we have found that we are unable to accommodate Dolce & Gabbana and D&G in our mix going forward."
*Vogue.co.uk

Dolce dropped Selfridges as they didnt want to offer them their own shoe boutique in Selfridges new shoe department, but chose to give brands like Repetto!!

Good on Dolce, Selfridges will suffer as Dolce is a huge part of their business!!!

Yeah it does, it amounts to alot of floor space in their stores, i wonder if that means everything ? including fragrance ?

Dear oh dear, this is not good for Selfridges but if you don't have room then it can't just appear from no where.

If anything, this will most definitely affect Selfridges. It's Dolce were talking about, which probably accounts for a large portion of their profits.

i should imagine they will work something out. The Dolce mens section is pretty huge. I wonder what they'll put in its place?!

Well if Dolce was such a huge account, I'm sure Selfridges would have acquiesced. There is either more to it, or Dolce doesn't account for as many sales as you might think.

Well 2 years later and they've stuck to their guns and have continued to no longer stock Dolce & Gabbana and this actually hasn't affected Selfridges in any way, they were awarded Best Department Store in the World in the Global Department Store Summit, Paris 2012, but I think it is effecting D&G's business however, well I can't say their recent collections aren't a contributing factor to this.

Reading back I'm really quite surprised anyone would think Selfridges would suffer from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->