Elton John Calls for Boycott of Dolce & Gabbana

^ They sure can't get over themselves, can they? My goodness :rolleyes:

Oh, and about freedom of speech... there's a line between opinion and prejudice (a very fine line, but a line nonetheless), and they've certainly crossed over it when they said that IVF children are "synthetic". It's one thing to say that you won't do it, saying that you believe it's wrong, but that people have a right to do it is another (even if it is stretching it a little thin), but saying that IVF kids are lesser than kids made by natural birth? I'm sorry, no way. Nu-uh. Move the pity party elsewhere, you two.

Wow. Just WOW. He is really getting things to another level with this. Still can't figure why on earth is Elton a fascist. He really needs to clarify.

You can watch the D&G brand self-destruct in real time.
:lol:

This reminds me of Hedi Slimane that time on twitter "I've never read your book but I will recommend it SO YOU CAN SEE THE POWER OF MY NAME!!!" :rofl:.. it makes you wonder if modern PR teams should get physical and take the gadget away from them.

Dolce, Gabbana Hit Back at Elton John
“We talked about our way of seeing reality, but it was never our intention to judge other people’s choices. We do believe in freedom and love.”
wwd
are they really that unintelligent? It is one thing to say you do approve only traditional families, but it is another thing to call names. They knew perfectly well what they were saying and now are acting like they didn't mean anything offensive at all. It is laughable.

On Instagram, Gabbana had labeled John as a “fascist,”
and I thought people were overreacting:unsure::doh:

does anyone ever really wear their clothes nowadays? besides their mothers and grandmothers (and old sicilian bag ladies)?

They've always have been very stupid and immature. I remember :
1)They removed advertising from a magazine due to a bad review of their restaurant
2)They Have been investigated for tax evasion
3)Stefano many times posted racist and classist pics on instagram

Now this...Personally i'm very mad because in Italy there aren't "gay role models". Basicly we are one of few countries that don't have any gay-rights law. So they could help the lbgt movement or just SHUT UP! we are FULL of anti-gay politicians and we don't need more!

And closed their shop in Milan for a day after being punished for breaking the law like the spoilt brats they are

Anyway, there's a surefire way they can back up that ridiculous statement. Have them spend time around 10 adults for a week, 9 naturally conceived and 1 conceived by IVF and see if they can pick the synthetic one. It's supposedly such an awful thing to them but a person conceived by IVF is not even a little bit distinguishable from anyone else.

In the day and age of social media and over-connectedness, companies/celebrities/well known entities have to tread extremely carefully with what they say.

wait a second... i thought they were in prison! :mrgreen::wink:

Hahahaha, oh no! They got away with a slap on the wrist from that one. I imagine the same will happen with this pr disaster. What a way to ruin a legacy.

i'm not buying into that vague,cop out excuse of freedom of speech. first of all he targeted a very specific group of people based on something that for many of these people are beyond their control. not being able to have a family "in D&G's way" is judgmental and suggesting that gay parents are somehow inappropriate is terribly ignorant and bigoted. and as gay men themselves shockingly hypocritical. and saying that IVF is artificial....do they even know what IVF actually involves? these kids are not created using synthetic material....kids born through IVF are still being born using human DNA...it's just the method that's not traditional. and who are they to play the self-righteous moral card anyway? considering what sleazebags they've been over the years,they are hardly in a position to be throwing stones at glass houses.

oh and elton and this boycott campaign is just the tip of the iceberg here....now they've offended and alienated a very large portion of their typical market(albeit a tacky one),their industry peers and those that likely work in their atelier. i would imagine this will go much deeper in the consequence department than just a few celebs boycotting them.

However, they've lost almost half million of likes on facebook

It looks to me like he just used an old shopping bag for something, it's just strange that he chose one of that brand

Yeah, way too strange to be a coincidence. Perhaps D&G sent him a goody bag-olive branch? Hmmm...

What's Elton playing at with this bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->