Elton John Calls for Boycott of Dolce & Gabbana

^ I know it was in Greece, but from what Wikipedia tells me about Rome :ninja:, it sounds like the kind of thing that would be in line with the D&G view.

And I certainly agree that it is a sad view. It really plays into the whole 'gay lifestyle' myth. If there's more than one way people are born, then there's more than one way to create a life. It's great to appreciate tradition, but, as the expression I was raised with goes, There's more than one way to skin a cat. That applies to creating a family as well as a host of other things.

Not sure what's happening there in the mitten, but in the US, it appears that legal same-sex marriage is on an unstoppable trajectory. It'll be interesting to see what the Supremes come up with.

PS Was just reading that the kids of same-sex couples apparently have often felt very relieved when their parents are able to get married. I found that interesting ... had never given thought to that perspective before.

I would think most kids would be happy to see their parents married. Anyway, the mitten is too broke to care about marriage laws at the moment. It's just that whenever same sex marriage comes up in the news you get all these people saying these awful things and few people saying anything nice.

Well, they could've been under a very large Italian rock or just hanging out in California, or Arkansas. Something about cultures.. some are instructed to antagonize even if it takes going down barbaric/radical routes and others to never forget to battle with themselves and stay the same :lol:. Meaning that in this time and age, while incoherence may abound among seemingly functional Italians if only for the sake of complying with church business, the steady trajectory of same sex marriages in the US (personally I don't see it as steady but then I'm not the optimistic type) is compensated by the rising stupidity in the form of 'kill the gays' propositions and inept state measures to control hatred disguised as freedom to practise religious beliefs. Which battle is worse, I wouldn't know... I guess we can only pray for true laïcité.

Btw, I cringed at the 'it shouldn't affect my-fashion-choice'.. how very ~passion for fashion~.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->