Asian And Black Models

veronica webb was a big model in the 90s...

veronica.webb.1990.jpg

in the late 80s, she lived with Azzedine Alaia and worked with Karl Lagerfeld and Patrick Kelly, Todd Oldham and Isaac Mizrahi. She was the first woman of color to be offered a major cosmetics contract (Revlon).

She's also an actress, having appeared in Jungle Fever, Malcolm X, Catwalk, Someone Like You and Zoolander; and a frequent contributor to Paper Magazine. She wrote a book, Veronica Webbsight. Webb is also active in LIFEBeat, an AIDS awareness organization.

never seen much male color models especially blck...wouldnt mind goin through university by modeling...

I think the lack of Asian models comes at least partly from the fact that there aren't too many tall Asians, and also that modeling isn't exactly worshipped in Asia...

anyone heard of bevelry johnson? she was a supermodel in the 70's and 80's

i totally agree with the whole "caucasian-wannabe asians". im from asia and i know how obsess they are with caucasian features. they live on whitening products jz so that they get the pale white look, they bleached their hair blonde and went under the knife to get more pointy nose...for girls, being tan-skinned, let alone dark is horrifying as asians does not view that as beautiful...its harder to get guys when u r tanned or dark...this even applies to guys (well, gay guys), as mentioned earlier, men prefer the fair ones...so its no surprise that there are a few of asians models bcoz asians certainly dont appreciate beauty that is asian...

as for me....i appreciate beauty regardless of the ethnicity....be it african, indian, latin, asian etc...

well thats my 2 cent:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Asian models

AMBER CHIA

Gorgeous Malaysian model who won the Guess Competition. I think she is BEAUTIFUL.

http://www.geocities.com/amberwebs/gallery.htm

Also, Shu Qi, a Chinese actress. I know she's not a model, but she does model occasionally. She is extremely beautiful too, and yes we definitely need more Asian models! :smile:

shu_qi_2.jpg

Actually, she kind of reminds me of Natalia Vodianova.
sq_cute_16.jpg

sq_mag_scan01n.jpg

beverley peel is beautiful. she is not very known uk sides imo.
just read the role of race (times article) and all i can say is :droppedjaw:

There should be more asian models. I think Korean women are beautiful.. I will post up some pictures soon

I was born and raised in Asia and I do not find any of the Asian models posted (with the exception of the Malaysian model posted by crazy_amelia) attractive or beautiful at all :unsure: Maybe it's just me, but I find that Asians used in commercials in the U.S are often very ordinary-looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->