Azzedine Alaia - The All-Things Azzedine Alaia Thread

daria in alaia
102m.jpg

style

Naomi's dress is beautiful! It's great to see women are wearing some of his more extravagant designs.

Just got skirt in the exact colour that VB is wearing in post #170. Was so excited when the store I got it from had a size 38 as they normally sell out of the small sizes first. Would have loved to try a size 36 if they had one to see the difference in the fitting. When I was in Paris last year, the stores which carried Alaia (Bon Marche etc) were sold out of the small sizes. Did not visit his store.

It's a very pale lilac colour. The best feature of the skirt is the hip/tummy panel above the frill layers which makes the skirt a perfect fit! The skirt ended just above my knees which made it possible to dress it down with flats (my daily feet attire!) and a singlet/vest.

When I put on the skirt, I was instantaneously transformed. Not sure what it was but it felt so feminine and chic! I'm hoping to get more wear out of it as it is definitely an investment piece which needs to see more light of day than the darkness of a wardrobe. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^WOW that skirt is amazing,i love it and the colour is beautiful.Does it look as great in real life?
That is so cool,congrats on your new Alaia,wear it with joy. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Emil!!

The skirt looked quite dressy on the hanger. Once it was on, there was dressing down possibilities which made it more appealing.

daria was made to wear alia, she makes it look so classy!

after seeing the back view, i take back everything i said about daria in that dress.

ohh.. the sample sales was just few days ago... but just stuffs for women!!! what a shame!

^ I was thinking 'ew', then I saw your little note under the pictures. :lol: It is a real pity, in both cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->