Balenciaga F/W 2021.22 Paris

it’s so gimmicky I can’t.
I will always abide streetwear on the runway. ALWAYS.
produce your jeans and your hoodies and your basic-easy-money-maker-T-shirt’s but leave them for the shopfloor. this is Balenciaga!
I’m so tired of it and yes I know ALL brands do it but please... there’s no more pride!

I lived in a Baltic country 12 years ago - 12!!!, and everybody into fashion or edgier was already dressing like this. exactly the same. starting with the sunglasses and ending with the pointy boots, either they were sprayed in silver or not. I swear to God THIS is so so unoriginal!
like @perfect blue is saying this ‘ post-war Eastern-Europe aesthetic’ is OLD news and somehow Western kids and Asians and God knows people from where think this is cool and modern and different.
bite me.

to say that other designers collections look dated when the level of creativity and craftsmanship is far superior than this! and even if somehow repetitive, like Galliano’s Margiela, the man has given us FASHION in a way Demna could only dream of.
even if I liked a couple of Demna’s collections.

I also like the concept (even if it’s not entirely new it fits the aesthetic he’s trying to sell us).
Jeeeez, Emmanuelle Alt is stuck in the 80’s and this one is stuck in a dystopian 90’s.

I am usually excited for Balenciaga collections but this one and S/S 2021 have been a disappointment. I resonate with the comments on here stating that this collection is his most "Vetements" collection yet at Balenciaga. While he has explored similar themes at Balenciaga that he did at Vetements, the end result at Balenciaga was more elevated and chic. This just looks like Vetements Spring 2020. I also find this move kind of ironic considering many people view Vetements as rather passé now...so why would Demna bring the style to Balenciaga? In addition, the collaborations aren't even fun or new anymore--Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters have all done NASA collections years ago.

God forbid you are a customer that is shorter than 5'9" and want to look good in anything from this collection.

Last edited:
Actually love the armoured high heel boots. Very campy.

^^^ 1 of maybe 3 good ideas here.

Him and his Balenciaga have become so predictably boring. There are admittedly a few decent looks, but the rest— including the casting and styling, just resembles the unfortunate individuals that have found themselves in LA’s skid row… Demna’s likely unaware of the similarity thus unaware of how insulting it is. I always find it (unintentionally?) mean-spirited that this brand of “design”, and Raf’s also comes to mind, that want so desperately to be down with the street, but end up looking like how streetkidz and the homeless on skid row dress. It all comes across so vapidly atop-their-ivory-towers-out-of-touch rather than edgy.

Demna’s literally a living embodiment of a 40yo clueless Cher Horowitz.

Last edited:

Runway video.

Did this man put flip flops in a Balenciaga show

Demna’s literally a living embodiment of a 40yo clueless Cher Horowitz.

Ugh, as if. Demna can only wish to be that iconic.

My god the clothes ( especially those ripped jeans ) are even worse in motions. I rather take Balenciaga by Alexander Wang over this mess. Even if it's wasn't love by the critics at least AW somehow remember this name used to belong to couture house. And not some Berlin underground club kids.

I just hate this guy so much. Sorry, I know hate is a strong word. I hate him more than Chiuri. She is annoying but I dont care for her. At least she doesnt stand for people that I hate. She is just an unmodern mom who tries to be whatever. But Demna and his whole universe of Berlin Neukölln lazy artist Hipsters is what I cant stand. I dont even mind if the clothes are ugly aka,not my style. there is a lot out there thats not my style,but thats ok. not everything can be for me. But its the people and the zeitgeist that his fashion stands for that I hate so much. this cooler than cool thing, wannabe pretentious sh*t. looking annoyed and being cool, looking like you stink and you dont care is so cool. looking so underground and so subculture. yes its cool, but this people only LOOK like it, they are not subculture. they know nothing. and they are lazy. its all about looking mysteriously cool but with no substance. best example is this lazy art sh*t anne imhof posse that he loves so much. lazy ugly art, and everybody is hailing it like uhh ohh what does she wanna say with those ugly hipsters moving around in an empty room doing nothing. wow what an amazing art performance. over intellectualized lazy hipster sh*t it is.

and yes those armor shoes are a clear reference to Ghesquieres ss07. its one of my favourite collections of him. and now seeing this poor copy says alot about him. Its not even reference or reinterpretation. its just being burnt out, poor copy. Its like with music, you can copy something or you can sample beats and reinterpret them into your own language. Margiela didnt invent tabi shoes, but he sampled them in his own way. Demna doesnt know how to sample, he just makes poor copies and trys to sell them to the mainstream audience as übercool- subculture- I dont care- thing. and it works, because everyone wants to be cool right? thats what I hate the most about him.

I remember how much I disliked Wang at Balenciaga but now looking back at all his collections, besides his fall2014, they were not bad at all

sorry for the rant

Don't apologize for your "rant". You backed up your opinion pretty well despite it being pretty harsh. I don't think anything you said was unwarranted. I agree with a lot of it, especially the superficial representation of youth subculture in Demna's work. As much love and research he puts into researching Cristobal Balenciaga as an innovator, Demna often doesn't live up to the comparison. It doesn't help that critics tend to over-analyze and over-intellectualize everything Demna touches. In a way, it's actually bizarre because there is less design in his work than his predecessors. It's a lot of just concept, talk, and theatricality.

We live in the ugliest, most disgusting, bullsh*t time ever. My personal preference would be to bring back tar and feathering...people like Demna need to be made an example of to discourage this kind of repulsive behavior in others.

Fashion, art, architecture, music, advertising, publications...everything used to be gorgeous even just 20 years ago...and that's to say nothing of all these mediums 100, 200, 300, 400 years ago. Hell...a THOUSAND years ago! Life doesn't have to look like this...history shows us the alternative.

I don't know why we have to tolerate this sh*t anymore.

We live in the ugliest, most disgusting, bullsh*t time ever. My personal preference would be to bring back tar and feathering...people like Demna need to be made an example of to discourage this kind of repulsive behavior in others.

Fashion, art, architecture, music, advertising, publications...everything used to be gorgeous even just 20 years ago...and that's to say nothing of all these mediums 100, 200, 300, 400 years ago. Hell...a THOUSAND years ago! Life doesn't have to look like this...history shows us the alternative.

PREACH :flower:

Money and profits. Everything has to be cheaper and quicker, just like demna gvasalia. What angers me most is that he's "a provocative genious" or whatever the media says about him. People like him and Lotta are an accurate representation of this century: plastic, souless, expensive and poser.

Money and profits. Everything has to be cheaper and quicker, just like demna gvasalia. What angers me most is that he's "a provocative genious" or whatever the media says about him. People like him and Lotta are an accurate representation of this century: plastic, souless, expensive and poser.
Andy Warhol is currently laughing his *** off - he read us for life! In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes, we didn't know they wanted to wear BALENCIAGA broadly across their communist styled 800 sweatshirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->