Gucci F/W 2021.22 Milan

Just skimmed this and uh what rules did they break exactly? A lot of yas queen reviews for a perfectly on point, on brand use of bamboozling young people into paying for Kering’s marketing/advertising for them LOL

It is easy to get caught in the hype of it all when you know you are not taking part or participating, i.e. purchasing anything, remotely close to what is being offered in this collection. A garment that has both Gucci and Balenciaga written on an angle, great, let me post it on Instagram to let all my followers know just how “high fashion”, “tasteful”, and “in-the-know” I am. Bondage accessories, oh, that is “edgy” and “different”, here Twitter followers, let me shove more mundanity into your face for the sake of proving that not only my taste is expensive, but it delves just deep enough into subversion to make me appear interesting.

Yes, the archival pieces were great. No one should dispute this, unless you really hate velvet lol, but also, for someone so involved in a “post-modern” scheme, why bring back relics from the past? For having such a talented staff and being surrounded by true professionals, the consistent strangeness that morphs itself through confusion reads more as amateurish than anything else. The only rule broken here was that of disengaging from the outline of providing lovely and emotional clothing that Ford and Frida (yes, I would prefer her sometimes weak collections to this) set before Michele took over, besides that, no such “fashion rule” had been broken. Such silliness.

So my breakdown and notes of the looks I like...

Look 1: keep but lose the kinky leather piece. Do we have a more regular belt for this?
Look 5: Just the top everything else has got to go.
Look 8: not thrilling but decent
Look 11: the jacket and brooch. Everything else got to go.
Look 16: I don’t hate it.
Look 19: good but lose the necklace.
Look 37: good.
Look 38: fine, mostly because I like furs. However I’m sure this is faux in keeping up with the silly pc woke crowd. The bag is gross as well as the shoes.
Look 39: love for some reason.
Look 40: good but those shoes... :sick:
Look 42: love the skirt, needs a different top. Perhaps a full silver crystal bustier? Lose the hat and whip.
Look 58: the coat is nice, love the color. Would need to take it to a skilled tailor to get a better fit. Obviously the sweatshop workers that Gucci hires are just not good enough.
Look 60: good
Look 68: love the skirt and gloves. Perhaps pair the gloves with the blue coat from look 58. Lose the top, a solid black jersey would do much better. And boots? With a disco skirt? Who styles this? Fire them immediately.

And a big N.O. to everything else, a waste of finite materials.

Gucci and Balenciaga just broke every rule of luxury fashion

People already hyping this as a groundbreaking collection. I don't understand, how can you break the fashion rules when all you sent out are archive pieces and logos. It's offer nothing new to an oversaturated fashion scene.

Major issues of traditional fashion houses under the conglomerate groupings is that individual fashion houses no longer need to compete in the traditional sense, I guess. I would imagine Cristobal Balenciaga had to spy on what Christian Dior/ Gabrielle Chanel/ YSL back in the day, and try to outdo each other, for sales, for pride, for a place in fashion. The competition, hostile or friendly, brings out the best of each other, and the customer benefits. With whats being done currently, conglomerates are just milking the consumers, not enriching them, not empowering them, and I feel it is like milking a goose that lays the golden eggs sadly.

I am waiting for a Dior/Louis Vuitton corssover collection.

I think Kasper`s point is that Kering owns both Gucci, and Balenciaga...so it`s possible...as it is, Rimowa is collaborating with Dior/ Fendi....did I miss out anything?
Yeah.....only after I posted the comment....I realized that Kering owns Gucci and Balenciaga. In regards to luxury brands and the current state of affairs....it's hard to keep track of what's going on. Everything nowadays is a corporate buyout or a collaborative. I'd like to see a cross-over between 2 conflicting conglomerates. How bout' Raf Simons for Gucci?? LMAO!!

I am waiting for a Dior/Louis Vuitton corssover collection.
I hope it’s womenswear...At least Nicolas would challenge MGC’s aesthetic because if it’s a menswear collaboration, I can only expect the worst: logo à gogo and a collab with an obvious HYPED artist.

Help omfg I actually rele rele rele want one of those velvet suits now ugh eff I hope they're not like already all sold out via pre-order

Help omfg I actually rele rele rele want one of those velvet suits now ugh eff I hope they're not like already all sold out via pre-order
You can call or go to your local Gucci store and ask if you can pre-order...If there’s a waiting list already (I wouldn’t be surprised), they might put you in there.

You can call or go to your local Gucci store and ask if you can pre-order...If there’s a waiting list already (I wouldn’t be surprised), they might put you in there.
Yeah the store doesn't answer the phone. I am gonna try emailing even tho that usually never works. I don't feel like trekking out to the store rn for the high chance of them being like no lol ugh

Yeah the store doesn't answer the phone. I am gonna try emailing even tho that usually never works. I don't feel like trekking out to the store rn for the high chance of them being like no lol ugh
Them? A no? For RTW? If it was a bag maybe but none of those brands will try to loose such a client.
I pre-ordered the day of the show. There was already an overwhelming response for the suits from what I’ve been told...

Them? A no? For RTW? If it was a bag maybe but none of those brands will try to loose such a client.
I pre-ordered the day of the show. There was already an overwhelming response for the suits from what I’ve been told...
Okay true you right. I will give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->