Balenciaga Mens S/S 07

seeing_double

Reaction score
Overall, not bad. I was far more impressed with the AW collection. Some of the fits in this look akward...but I love the shoes, and the jacket in look #7. Enjoy!

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00110m.jpg

00120m.jpg
00130m.jpg

00140m.jpg

July 12, 2006
Inevitably, Nicolas Ghesquière's menswear doesn't have the same silhouette-warping, cliché-zapping impact of his women's clothes for Balenciaga. What mere male customer could possibly absorb such a force? But there was still a game attempt to fuse classicism and rock 'n' roll spirit in this latest collection.

The classic references were obvious in a crested seersucker blazer, in the use of madras, and in the printed tie silks used in fluid little shirts. The silk radzimir of a dinner jacket even referred back to Cristobal Balenciaga. But then there was the Mick Jagger-inspired T-shirt rippling with latex flames, the skinny leather pants, and the hippie shirt with its heraldic lion.

Small wonder the collection ended up with something of a split personality, though that could be said to dovetail with one of the collection's other underlying themes: the idea of travel. Safari and military influences united with the pop and the trad to equip the Balenciaga traveler for any situation.
— Tim Blanks

source: men.style.com

Those are some VERY nice suits. I finally realized that there's little chance of me being able to afford any of it, but those polos look really good in there. But, overall, the fit of the clothing is wonderful! I like the silhouette a lot.

I really like this collection, I could see myself wearing the the pieces. Thanks for the pics.

i love the shoes!
some outfits look...quite bad..but only a few..i think it's the fit
overall..i like the silhouette..not too tight not too loose..and not boxy
but the clothes are pretty boring though
look at the individual pieces and the most you will get are some school boy blazer, stripe polos and lots of black

Balenciaga do menswear??? Am i really that naive(naif)? :blush: It seems to be a cross between burberry prorsum/dior homme/alessandro della'acqua? Liking it though!!

i cannot get over the shoulder, is it just me...
but i am excited to see that balenciaga has more of a foothold in menswear now, good news for balenciaga (money wise) :smile:

Nice, lean cuts on the coats, which I love..Love the red/white scarf in the last post..Other than that, eh, we'll see..

I'm not that impressed to be honest, and I'm getting really tired of lean, narrow-shouldered cuts in general...

Geez............the models look depressed. I like that one cream colored jacket.

I recently found this website and have spent a ton of time reading and looking around. I love his writing and keen fashion sense. He has some of the best fashion articles I ever read, and I love the fact he specializes in High-end fashion. His comments and superb analysis is fabulous.

Check out some of his articles:

Dior Homme
Adam Kimmel
Cristobal Balenciaga
Martin Margiela

He also has fabulous articles (fashion analysis) about unique designers such as Alexander Mcqueen, Tom Ford, Rogan Gregory, etc. and the good thing is he does not only analyze collections, but periods of the designers life, fashion movements, and a stunning selection of accessories (from Kris van Assches jewelry to Dior Homme trunks)

Nice wearable clothes, but nothing to impressive to make it seem worth the price I'm sure they're asking for it. I'd definitely say it's worth it if it were priced the same as something like A.P.C. or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ianastar said:
Geez............the models look depressed. I like that one cream colored jacket.

who wants to see smiling models?

great collection its num. 1 for me this season and has anybody seen the new balenciaga website..its pretty good

well, no doubt it's nothing new, or crap i'd say in here. it's just timeless, well-tailored clothes.

..and never miss nicolas ghesquiere's hidden detailings which aren't easy to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->