Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2010

I love it! It's excellent! The only piece I'm not crazy for are the polka-dotted pants, but otherwise, I this it's wonderful!

Those colours are completely killing it for me here - I'm hoping for better pictures on style.com, but from what I can tell here, it's looking pretty cheap and disposable for clothes that are actually marketed as being high end - I'd prefer if he did a bit less 'trendy' and focus on iconic Balenciaga shapes for pre, instead of always returning to that trashy 80ies aesthetic he ocassionally falls back to - it's not necessarily a surprise, but when he did it in the early 2000's, he did at least have more focus with it... now it's simply looking all over the place, a little bit of everything without a clear direction.

It doesn't look that bad actually
I like the first look and the cream coat
Not crazy about the shoes,they look pretty uncomfortable to walk in...Mcqueen inspiration too much? :lol:

its sooo 80s and im bored of that. Its better than his spring collection but nothing compared to old nicolas of early 2000s

Looks nice, love the drape-top trousers like a development from winter's and the skirts are lovely but he needs to move on from them.. Whathef is look six? Absolutely hideous.

Look 3 & 4 is the same except for the yellow jacket :huh:
I love the black trousers in look2 but thats about it.

HAHA, those polka dot pants KILL me...I like everything else though. Especially the 3rd look.

very beautiful. the use of print is fantastic and the structured little skirts and jackets are magnificent.
i love the last "armour"/suit. it's pure ghesquiere

Full collection:

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

11m.jpg
12m.jpg

13m.jpg
14m.jpg

the-fashionaffair.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
what a great collection! very interesting shapes and prints.
i hate the polka dot pants but the rest is quite good.

The Hawaiian prints remind me a lot of Spring 2003, the scuba collection. It's Spring 2003 mixed with many of the early streetwear looks he did. The colours remind me a lot of Fall 2007 too.

6tgu1s.jpg
1zh311z.jpg

style.com/

I'm absolutely in love with this! I'm just going to put it out there and say it's my favorite pre-fall collection so far. Nicolas knocks it out again. Love the use of color and styling is terrific as well.

I'm relieved to be able to say that I like a lot of this. :D

Until now, I haven't really liked anything he's done for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->