Celine Pre-Fall 2010

I am DYING over that black long sleeved mini-shift with those red tights and shoes. I haven't the slightest idea why, though.

I know what you mean, that outfit caught my eye IMMEDIATELY as I was doing a quick scroll-through.

The styling is not that great. But you can definitely see the target market, and i do love the feathers :D

oh now this is great. The first 2 feathered looks are to die for. Looks 11 & 12 just scream my name. Something about it though just doesn't seem cohesive. The first 4 looks were great to start off with but I just don't see a connection between the later looks that come after.

Well, something for almost everyone, here! :D

My favourite piece, by far, is the navy kagool, funnily enough! :lol:

After that, I like the grey sweater with the red design across the shoulders (although, I couldn't wear it, personally, as polo neck sweaters make me feel claustraphobic!).

I like the black shift, too, but I can't help feeling that it seems a bit too narrow in the shoulders, for now...

With a bit of readjustment of the proportions, it could have been perfect.

I also won't be donning flares again, for some time, myself; although they're very nicely cut, of course.

It's always nice to see normal waistlines, too (i.e. a couple of inches below the natural waistline), as I don't find very high, or very low, cuts very easy to wear, personally.

One would assume/hope that all the fur is faux, or regular leather with the fur left on (i.e. a by-product of the meat industry)? Otherwise Phoebe would be going against her own principles.

It's hard to tell what the bags are like, but the S/S ones are/were very plain, which is fine, but it wasn't in a particularly pleasing way, IMO (i.e. very boxy).

I get the feeling that she doesn't want to be accused of rehashing her designs for Chloe?

There was at least one nice bag in the A/W '09 Celine collection, though.

These look as though they might be slightly more interesting than S/S's offerings, at least - let's hope so, anyway! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the high waist flared pants , and Phoebe makes them soo sleek and futuristic , just perfect for board meeting and the office. Another thing you can see her Chloesque touches in the color schemes and pants but she took it to another level. When so many designers are doing trashy 80s party wear its to see a good a sleek change coming through.

I would have actually loved to see her throwing in a good tux jacket to go with all those fab trousers she's done here - her Pre-Spring collection had several, as well as some to die for chesterfield coats that would make Francisco Costa at Calvin Klein and Raf Simons at Jil Sander some serious competition.

I must say, I really like how Phoebe has succeeded in making the kind of clothes that a lot of designers have neglected to offer and that have secretly made a brand like Akris into a solid business - this is adult and put together, but still manages to retain a playful element of cool (similar to how Hedi Slimane made youngsters wear tailoring in a nonchalant way).

Not quite there IMO. It's like Phoebe is trying too hard to look like she's NOT trying.
Nothing there makes me want it, let-alone makes me want to spend serious $$$ on it.
I'm sure the next collection will be much better.

Oh my God, Phoebe Philo is a excellent Designer your work for Céline is very good, i loved your collections Spring Summer 2010 and The Pre-Fall 2010. Long years for Phoebe in Céline.

I like most of the looks...I love the belted fur coat. I want it!

hmmm not taken by this at all but again - pre collection are stupid idea for me anyway - just searching for new market, pure bussines no art and all.

You have a good point, but I'm dyeing for the 7th look. Simple and perfect.

Not quite there IMO. It's like Phoebe is trying too hard to look like she's NOT trying.
Nothing there makes me want it, let-alone makes me want to spend serious $$$ on it.
I'm sure the next collection will be much better.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

There's nothing to really hook you in, is there?

If one looks at her earlier collections for Chloe, there was always some sort of motif/detail/finish/mix of colours, that really grabbed one's attention and made the whole collection look cohesive and desirable.

...and one had to buy the pieces, if one wanted to own those details, as no one was going to be able to imitate them successfully.

Whereas, although these are perfectly good clothes (as were those in the S/S '10 collection), they lack that must-have factor and I assume most of them will be pretty easy to imitate (albeit to a far lower standard), too?

Having said all that, this is only the pre and pres are often pretty dull, aren't they?

Hopefully A/W will be a bit more inspiring. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->