Balenciaga S/S 2006 Paris

Well tomorrow im going to Barney's New York in Chicago and look at Balenciaga. I hope they dont give me weird looks like b4 when i was looking at womenswear :lol:

JJohnson said:
Well tomorrow im going to Barney's New York in Chicago and look at Balenciaga. I hope they dont give me weird looks like b4 when i was looking at womenswear :lol:

Im going back to Barney's Saturday again! haha i wish i could live there :D!!!

pucci_mama said:
Did they have a lot of Balenciaga stock?

Oh this was a while back...actually they had pre season when i went there, but the cool thing was their whole windows were devoted to balenciaga. They had broken maniquins and such in the windows. It was very conceptual and they had the bags too in the window. I really liked one top the maniquin was wearing. And at the bottom right corner it said "Balenciaga" but it was like it was done with masking tape...it was really uneven and shoddy, but TOO COOL! :D Im going back sat...ill take pics of the windows :D

JJohnson said:
Yea that shirt is amazing...i wonder how much it costs...

wow, actually the first time in which i see somebody putting a proper bra underneath sheer top for the runway... both thumbs up :lol:

i think it's a beautifull shirt but the colour was much beter if it was in a dark blue.. but i love it...

tricotineacetat said:
wow, actually the first time in which i see somebody putting a proper bra underneath sheer top for the runway... both thumbs up :lol:

wow ur right, but i didnt pay any attention to that! haha too cool. BTW $1600 is pricey, but its Balenciaga so its ok :D

Miss Galliano said:
i want the coat .. so beautifull I need 10.000$

Yes u do! It was $10,000 in Barney's NYC and it was locked up in a case! haha but the construction was AMAZING!

:woot: i'm really amazed--i can't even list all of the things that got my attention:shock: he's really using those embroideries in interesting ways... i like how he's combining the sheer and solid fabrics.

my favourites, however, were the sculptured dresses like these
if someone can help me, what do you call this kind of work^? Is it called "gathering," "tucking"...??? He's definitely using a stiffer fabric, although it looks like silk. I doubt there is any framework (that would be too costume-like?).
I think maybe it's sparked a new interest for me^_^:innocent:

^We could have a place to discuss exactly what the designers are doing (the craft) :blush: These threads seem to be more about just what they've made and dislike/like, fashion-forward/backward :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a video from that show- you know, this one from style.com is okey, but I'm looking for some comments- people from fashion industry, the designer, models maybe....- do you know where I can find it? Thanks in advance :smile:

Does anyone have an idea where I could get HQ pics of this show? It really is great!

thanks

Sergio Lessa

^ yah! i guess still no HQs even after a year!
I'm really pulling my hair out because i need them for my project!!! Gahhh! And the way you guys talked about the amazing elaborate pieces just makes me go crazy even more!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justafyck
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->