Balenciaga F/W 05.06 Paris

I really like the structured details on a lot of the pieces.

I'm not so hot on the fur or the feathers but...oh well. Overall, a very good collection.

I love Balenciaga and this collection is so beautiful!! I love the coats, the buckle details..everything. :heart: Hardly anything disappointed me..im so happy just looking at these gorgeous coats!! :blush:

Those coats are to die for! Love everything...except the fur

I don't like it AT ALL, but hey, what's new about that. Balenciaga was never one of my favourites. I'm only glad they brought Malgosia back.

Really really good. Great coats with the belts and buckles, those high waisted denim looking pants are too. Love a lot of the dresses especially that draped ice colored one on Heather. Great collection overall, Nicolas is going back to when Balenciaga was cutting edge and wearable and I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i knew i had something to be excited about this morning... absolutely incredible collection from nicolas. i really love the furs, the construction of the jackets, and the new direction he's taking his work for balenciaga in.

my favorite pieces/looks of the show:

5.jpg
11.jpg

13d.jpg
15.jpg

Except for those furry jackets, if it were possible to have sex with pieces of clothing- I would totally do it.
And yes, that sounded weird, but I don't care at all. :wub:

00190f.jpg

Oh, I know the feeling Purple, this collection is incredible......

love this dress
30.jpg

purple, i love that outfit too...its fantastic, those pants! the collar on the coat!

spike, thats a great dress...whats odd is that i really dont like the other version with a cream hem, funny how something that small can change the look

4d.jpg

5.jpg

10d.jpg

I think Nicolas did an aveargely good collection this season.

I thought the coats and suits that opened the show were stunning (see the second photo above); as Sarah Mower wrote "sharply honed suits and coats that throw off a force field of sexy Parisian froideur." The problem (as the first photo points out) is that some of the coats border on costume. This is something Nicolas avoided last season when he was subverting the houses' classics with sci-fi and the like, not turning them into camp. Needless to say, albeit being well-cut, those details look make it look tacky.

The same goes for the dresses. The two of three "origami" dresses (third photo, above, from top) reminded us of Nicolas' "dowtown"
and "artsy" chic, while the last one looked boring and pretentious with its silhouette. The same goes for the dresses trimmed with messy fur .The black cocktail dresses with military details looked predictable.

I like almost all of it, exept the furry ones :flower: :blink:

I like this collection too. Last dresses are.... :heart:

and małgosia bela again on catwalk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->