Balenciaga S/S 2024 Paris

He's a STUNT QUEEN. That's always been his main and primary skill. He'll try whatever. His time at Balenciaga will be remembered, AT BEST, as a flash in the pan.

This collection is the consolidation of everything that he made notorious for Balenciaga.
It seems that the intention of the show is to go all in and have a crescendo. In order to generate Buzz and convert them into profit. I'll give him two more years for Balenciaga if this collection fails to generate the revenue Kering desperately needs. Then they (Shareholders) better intervene and call in a vote to break with Demna. From a Business point of view, it's reckless to keep him.

I burst out laughing. The sneakers? This is a circus. Abominable. Demna is peaking at trolling fashion and the world. Let's not forget the advertisements and what they portrayed, which, by the way, the entire fashion industry is a part of it.

Hello,

I think I am writing this as a reply to someone else's post as I cannot find the "post new message" tab in the website.

I am still curious about the identity of the lady in the tightly fitted long dress covered in red sequins. That exit piqued my curiosity, as it seems to be one of the only garments in the show that truly stands out stylistically from all the other themes explored in the collection, whether these are deconstructed trenches, extreme tailoring and the rest of usual tropes offered by Gvasalia.

Models.com currently lists only lists 57 models, clearly leaving out exits by Miren Arzalluz and, possibly, some others who also go unmentioned. Does anyone know how is it possible to learn of the identity of every single model in the presentation? And, yes, that includes the blue-eyed lady in the red sequinned dress. : )

Thanks for your time and help.

Hello,

I think I am writing this as a reply to someone else's post as I cannot find the "post new message" tab in the website.

I am still curious about the identity of the lady in the tightly fitted long dress covered in red sequins. That exit piqued my curiosity, as it seems to be one of the only garments in the show that truly stands out stylistically from all the other themes explored in the collection, whether these are deconstructed trenches, extreme tailoring and the rest of usual tropes offered by Gvasalia.

Models.com currently lists only lists 57 models, clearly leaving out exits by Miren Arzalluz and, possibly, some others who also go unmentioned. Does anyone know how is it possible to learn of the identity of every single model in the presentation? And, yes, that includes the blue-eyed lady in the red sequinned dress. : )

Thanks for your time and help.
Gigi Spelsberg

Hands down, THE BEST collection this season. Demna is miles ahead of the rest of the mediocre designers we’ve been looking at from NY, Milan, London and Paris.
i wouldn't go far as saying that he's miles ahead of the rest of the so-called "mediocre" designers, but i do appreciate that he has a pov, and a strong one at that, and understand why he's still at kering, as he's proved to be somewhat good at getting people talking. having said that, this collection wasn't anything we hadn't seen before from him. the bags with the charms are quite trendy, and the jackets show that he's emphasising craft; the construction is more on the technical side, which you can't take away from him.

Doesnt that guy Peter copping do the engineering ?

i didnt even notice the bag charms. I enjoyed watching this because the quality of French spoken was extraordinary.

i wouldn't go far as saying that he's miles ahead of the rest of the so-called "mediocre" designers, but i do appreciate that he has a pov, and a strong one at that, and understand why he's still at kering, as he's proved to be somewhat good at getting people talking. having said that, this collection wasn't anything we hadn't seen before from him. the bags with the charms are quite trendy, and the jackets show that he's emphasising craft; the construction is more on the technical side, which you can't take away from him.
Thanks for your reply

This collection is the consolidation of everything that he made notorious for Balenciaga.
It seems that the intention of the show is to go all in and have a crescendo. In order to generate Buzz and convert them into profit. I'll give him two more years for Balenciaga if this collection fails to generate the revenue Kering desperately needs. Then they (Shareholders) better intervene and call in a vote to break with Demna. From a Business point of view, it's reckless to keep him.
From a business point of view, Balenciaga is still what i see most worn by people on any given day in any bigger city around the world. You seem like you don’t like it, and that’s ok.

time to find a new signature... this is just not it anymore, he is trying to bring it to CDG level but he doesnt have the creativity for that level.

These very incremental updates are indeed very tiring to look at. I find his design language quite empty at times, this is especially apparent at the formal wear, where sometimes it’s just so bare and strict that it’s utterly lifeless. I think in his couture this aspect works better and feels more elevated.

in many ways his path is frightingly similar to AM at Gucci, where it became so formulaic that he can’t break out of it. Also he’s not a Rick Owens, who really built a world and extremely specific language that is so rich and narrow at the same time. That’s why Rick is authentic. If he wants to move this forward he needs to explore different directions with this dna.

The street looks are really awful, I can’t look at it. If I see people wearing this in the streets I just cringe, it’s just so lame.

this whole rivalry with his brother is also so lame. Tbh if guram was my brother I’d run also, this guy is a total hack.

His critical, ironic distance ends up making his fashions flavorless, passionless. Every fabric, colour, silhouette turns ugly inside of this hellish, cinical world. Reverted Midas touch.

Demna's taste is tasteless. And he seems proud of it. Always was. Proud in rendering meaninless everything we love about fashion. Love and honesty are not allowed. Maybe he thinks cynicism can afford him to make social commentary but baby, the joke is on you. The joke IS you. You and the bunch of other charlatans that help build your ultra serious (but always stupid) world.

I have no toughts about the clothes. Neither does Demna, apparently.

His critical, ironic distance ends up making his fashions flavorless, passionless. Every fabric, colour, silhouette turns ugly inside of this hellish, cinical world. Reverted Midas touch.

Demna's taste is tasteless. And he seems proud of it. Always was. Proud in rendering meaninless everything we love about fashion. Love and honesty are not allowed. Maybe he thinks cynicism can afford him to make social commentary but baby, the joke is on you. The joke IS you. You and the bunch of other charlatans that help build your ultra serious (but always stupid) world.

I have no toughts about the clothes. Neither does Demna, apparently.
He's not the joke yet. He'll be the joke when his replacement guts out the entirety of the brand to make space for their own vision of Balenciaga, while he struggles to find another CD gig that allows the freedom he had at Balenciaga.

From a business point of view, Balenciaga is still what i see most worn by people on any given day in any bigger city around the world. You seem like you don’t like it, and that’s ok.

I'm second on this. IIn the following Q6, Balenciaga's business hasn't been at any risk of declining sales whatsoever, even despite all the drama surrounding the kids' campaign. At least in Saks, where I have the facts, Demna is not going anywhere; he's firmly established in the business, whether you like it or not. At the very least, he is turning heads, provoking thoughts, and infuriating people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->