Ballet Flats #2

quimby

once more, with feeling
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:
In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
The old thread can be found here

[my pic]

Attachments

• DSC_0162.jpg
    DSC_0162.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
^ Sloop. Are you going to get a pair?

thanks for posting :smile:
i have never seen this style either. look comfy!

I posted this in the Lanvin thread, but thought I'd try here as well. I bought these Lanvin patent bow flats from NAP (who stated the shoes ran TTS, so I bought my usual size), they have a little 20mm hidden wedge. I have only tried them on, but not walked in them (don't want to scuff the soles in case I need to exchange them in a bigger size), and was wondering if they will stretch...as they are, my toes are around 50mm or so from the end, but I can feel the shoe around my heel & near my big toe (hope that makes sense). I've read that patent shoes don't stretch much, do you all agree? I don't know whether to size half a size up (but then they might stretch & slip off my heel?) or to keep these...Thanks in advance! :flower:

48730_in_dl.jpg

pic: netaporter

brigadeiro,
i am usually a 38.5 but go for 38 in my lanvin elastic ones as i need them to stay on.
my first were 38.5 and they kept coming off my feet. i have them in fabric leather and patent and find the snug one better fit.
lovely btw :smile:

brigadeiro,
i am usually a 38.5 but go for 38 in my lanvin elastic ones as i need them to stay on.
my first were 38.5 and they kept coming off my feet. i have them in fabric leather and patent and find the snug one better fit.
lovely btw :smile:

Thanks leyla m! :flower:

Wow! So you sized down! Did you find these flats snug at first, and then they stretched later?

^Ferragamo. I know the ferragamo varinas in particular come in narrow sizes like 7AA.

I apologize if this question has already been discussed in this thread, but I'm buying my first pair of Repetto ballet flats (online, probably from saks.com) and I'm unfamiliar with the sizes. I wear a size 8 1/2 (US), and wanted to know if I need to choose a size up or the exact equivalent to the US size.
Thanks.

I apologize if this question has already been discussed in this thread, but I'm buying my first pair of Repetto ballet flats (online, probably from saks.com) and I'm unfamiliar with the sizes. I wear a size 8 1/2 (US), and wanted to know if I need to choose a size up or the exact equivalent to the US size.
Thanks.

With Repetto flats, I always recommend going up 1/2 a size. :flower:

Does anyone own Sambag flats?

I own these ones, except with a slightly different bow

Grace Black Crocodile Patent Leather
datastore12891959792395v.jpg

and hoping to get next either

Tina Black Woven Leather
datastore12891958275279.jpg

or Grace Black Cracked Leather
datastore12877752448015.jpg

pics from sambag.com.au

Ah yes, Spring is finally in sight, the record snow this winter is finally starting to melt, and almost time for ballet flats again. I just got these last week. Can't wait to wear them!

_5983557.jpg

Source: nordstrom.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, Spring is finally in sight, the record snow this winter is finally starting to melt, and almost time for ballet flats again. I just got these last week. Can't wait to wear them!

Cute! I adore stretch ballet flats. Who are these by?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->