Ballet

^ i am green with envy right now! so lucky! what was your favorite dance piece?

^ the ballet makes me cry at times, too. the music alone, even. :cry: i am an overly sentimental twit. -_-

I did ballet during my first year of college for the first time ever. It was obviously more of a hobby type, then wanting to make a living of it. It was a great workout and a great learning experience!
Amazing in terms of gaining balance, strength, and flexibility.

I do too ... it's doesn't mean you're a twit, trust me on this :wink: It's your empathy, embrace it :D

:heart:

Thank you! :( :heart: My mother says I'm too much of an empath, though, and that people will take advantage of it. -_- Which is probably true, but c'est la vie.

definitely! you'll have killer legs. i grew up on ballet, and my legs are quite muscular now. i love/hate it.

Sometimes it's a curse because they can look too muscular... I love having stone hard calves, though! Thanks to ballet. :D

ok and what about tums & bums ^_^? I did ballet when I was a teenager, a time when I was in really good shape (before laziness took over :ninja:), so I can't tell from my own experience how good it shapes that parts.

I'm glad I found this thread. I started ballet, tap at a very young age and stopped at about 12/13. The studio where I practiced was moving and I was entering my rebellious years when I didn't want to do anything anymore. Also the hours were starting to wear on me, I was dancing a lot and wasn't getting home until 10 pm or later (and that's late for a kid!)

Ballet is such a great workout! Only realized it after I became totally out of shape. I also was really flexible too. I think it's great for kids to do, better than sitting in the house and going online all day. You know, even after all these years I still do all my stretches and exercises and a few routines. Even if I've forgotten all the names it's all muscle memory now. I wish I had a barre in my house though.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those of you who live in london, the central school of ballet in farringdon has night classes which are fun. you dont have to sign up, just show up on the night you want to go and pay (and its only seven pounds)
i've missed ballet so much, so finding these classes was really nice

^^^ If only they had that within proximity of me. :( I would adore ballet classes. I have a good body but I want to learn even more ballet now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"