Balmain F/W 2016.17 Paris

At Faith Connexion and he is doing wonders there!

It's such an underground brand though, i know it's what they're going for but i'd rather all these famous models walk for him again. such a shame.

i feel like i'm seeing the same collection all over again in a different color palette, only this is worse

The colors are better than those greens or reds he shows in the menswear collection. Anyway, this is tragic as I expected, the ruffles pants are beyond awful
and this crap I can't even put it as drapes on my windows -->
He's just a terrible designer. He has no inspiration, no vision, anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! ^ She's basically a walking curtain

Oliver's Grandma misses her master bedroom-curtians, sofa-covers, sofa-cushions, shower-curtains and lampshades.*
Were in the world are this stuffs gone????
:rolleyes::lol:

It's just entirely awful.
I will grant Balmain the quality of their craftspeople, but the design is decidedly ugly.
I think if Olivier Rousteing feels that fashion is entirely about models, celebrity and putting on a show and not about creating good and inspiring design for people to wear, he should go and work as creative director of Victoria's Secret.

EDIT: If I was a pattern-cutter at Balmain I would be offended by the stylist's choice to clasp an enormous shiny belt around every model not wearing tassels - obviously trying to unnecessarily 'cinch' but having the opposite effect.

I believe he will be fired after this collection...

You know looking at back at Christophe Decarnin's work for Balmain and yes it was tacky and a bit repetitive but there were two key differences- the clothes looked expensive(minus those s/s 10 ripped olive green t-shirts) and they didn't make 6 foot tall extremely fit women look lumpy and deformed. Most of it has also held up pretty well and doesn't seem too dated. The old Balmain wouldn't have been my first choice of party clothes, but you could have twisted my arm to give one a go, just for something fun and different.Olivier Rousteing's Balmain? I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole. Its almost impressive that someone could make a whole collection of such unflattering, gaudy clothing. And this stuff sells really well? smh

I just... ugh.. Who wears this (besides those people)? Does this actually sell? What is this Bob Mackie in hell garbage? Why does he still have a job? God answer me!

:lol:

your response, which echoes my own feelings about this collection, really made my day.

What on earth is this even? Just when I thought he couldn't put on a worse collection, here you go. I couldn't even look through the whole collection, I just wished I had never seen this and pretended this never happened. What a blasphemy to the house and to the whole fashion world! I have always believed clothes are made to complement women's body and make women feel confident but I don't even know who can wear all these crap. It is indeed depressing that nowadays fashion is all about hypes.

Horrible, the worst collection he ever did, ugly color-palette, this ruffles, corsets, lace pants with ruffles and underwear to see, what is all about? !!!

Right , he could -would be very good casting director, but, sincerely, he must be a talented because it is not for everybody to create so many ugly collections , one worst that another!

Balmain is slowly becoming the new Chanel: overrated and ugly collections but people are still buying them no matter what...

Anybody remember that line from the movie "Ready To Wear"? It was something like:

"Men will design for two types of women: women who they want to sleep with, or women who they want to be." He seems like he'd fall into the latter category.

Seriously, after that stupid, twincestuous Balmain ad w/ the Jenner girls, I can care less about any sort of integrity or creative streak he may have in his designs. It's 100% hype, and nothing more.

Taking into consideration that Balmain's owner is trying to sell this Brand and the revenue could be much, much higher; I wouldn't be surprised if his days here are already numbered.

Taking into consideration that Balmain's owner is trying to sell this Brand and the revenue could be much, much higher; I wouldn't be surprised if his days here are already numbered.

That's interesting...I always assumed his saving grace was that sales were growing. Business of Fashion reported they were growing about 20% a year (granted this was about a year ago).

If the growth does start to falter though....that combined with the consistently scathing reviews will probably be the end of him.

I've occasionally gone to bat for Rousteing in the past when I've liked his stuff, but this is beyond unforgivable. Overdesigned doesn't begin to describe these clothes, but not in that fun, intentionally over the top and deliberately tacky/flashy way that designers like Versace, Cavalli, D&G (in their prime, RIP), even Fausto Puglisi manage to pull off. They get a pass to do exactly that sort of too-muchness because of the fact that they seem completely self aware and irreverent about it. Plus, they more often than not manage to flatter at least the models they dress if not real, averagely proportioned women.

This just reads as someone who is rather earnest about it all. There's no sense of humor or fun about it at all, and furthermore, many of the results just end up not simply tacky or vulgar, but ugly.

So ... did he actually construct new belts or did he literally just use the leftover stock from Dolce & Gabbana FW 2007?

This entire collection is absurd. Not only is it ugly, but it looks cheap.

It's not difficult to see Kim Kardashian as the "source", as Kanye put it. I just DO. NOT. and WILL. NEVER. understand her appeal to the world of fashion. Completely baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->