Roberto Cavalli F/W 2016.17 Milan

It's not Cavalli anymore, it's Pucci by Dundas remaked for Cavalli.
How nice was for example Cavalli s/s 15 collection, white laces, print dresses, laces and denim, sexy, glam, typical Cavalli.

Actually it's quite the opposite. Peter Dundas was for a long time design director at Cavalli, and even while he designed Ungaro and later on Pucci, those collections would have always had somewhat of a Cavalli flavor - and by all fairness, Dundas was the only designer that really made Pucci RTW desirable, unlike when Christian Lacroix or Matthew Williamson designed.

I don't see any problem with him continuing the same way now that he is back at the original place where this aesthetic fundamentally belongs. Lush, glamorous bohemia has always been at the core of the Cavalli DNA, but that house needed to get away from the trash-y nouveau riche look it had in the past few years. This finally looks expensive and desirable again.

Actually it's quite the opposite. Peter Dundas was for a long time design director at Cavalli, and even while he designed Ungaro and later on Pucci, those collections would have always had somewhat of a Cavalli flavor - and by all fairness, Dundas was the only designer that really made Pucci RTW desirable, unlike when Christian Lacroix or Matthew Williamson designed.

I don't see any problem with him continuing the same way now that he is back at the original place where this aesthetic fundamentally belongs. Lush, glamorous bohemia has always been at the core of the Cavalli DNA, but that house needed to get away from the trash-y nouveau riche look it had in the past few years. This finally looks expensive and desirable again.

Dundas has been worked also JP Gaultier ,for Lacroix, Roberto Cavalli - 2002-2005 and Emanuel Ungaro and than for Maison Pucci.

Pucci by Dundas was always beautiful. There is no doubt about it. I loved- and i still love - collections which he made for Maison Pucci.
But, s/s 16 collection apart (which is horrible-his first collection after comeback to Cavalli) , so, this, actual , fall 16 collection looks very Dundas for Pucci- what doesn't mean that this collection is not nice but i see more "Pucci by Dundas" in this collection as Roberto Cavalli .
Roberto Cavalli is-or was recognizable by jeans made of printed denim, intarsia leathers, brocade, and wild prints.

Why everybody wanna look like Gucci now? There is nothing so especial about it... Give me a break......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->