Balmain F/W 2016.17 Paris

Balmain is slowly becoming the new Chanel: overrated and ugly collections but people are still buying them no matter what...

Chanel is light years better than this. Karl's collections maybe inconsistent but no denying he is a very talented designer. I have been quite happy with Chanel's collections in the past few years.

Chanel on its worst day is still 10000X better than this garbage,

The worst part is that he is trying too hard to continue Decarnin's style for Balmain but he has never achieve his balance of edge and luxury. These clothes look extremely cheap from design to material to execution.

The fact that Balmain is so close to the Kardashian/Jenner name is an immediate death knell for the brand in time

This is gross. This was pretty much designed for the Kardashians and only the Kardashians.

WTF is the look on Binx even supposed to be???

I don't care how influential they are on social media. But this is totally mess even Olivier surely obsesses with glamour, he could do some other things.

Who wants to look like Kim Kardashian? She and her whole family have no style!
This is beyond terrible, it takes trashy and trampy dressing to a whole new low. Pierre Balmain must be spinning in his grave over what his legacy has become.

I saw Karlie's look in motion via a gif and it made me feel ill! The ruffles :sick:

Olivier needs to go. If he's going to keep finding inspiration from some very UNINSPIRING people, his collections will stay trash. Either find inspiration from real muses, or leave.

I feel almost bad for this guy. He actually thinks that designing for the Kardashians means that he's bringing something new to fashion. Getting caught up in that society made him absolutely delusional of what real women out in the real women wear and look like. At least Riccardo, for the most part, still understand that the brand is bigger and caters for much more than his personal circle. But he's just so lost.

This is a great collection for all those new rich plastic fantastic people with no taste. Olivier is beginning to look rather plastic like his clients. :lol:

I just don't get how all (so many of?) the genuine, "old" fashion people are at those people's feet....

He's transformed into the Kardashian's chief tailor it seems, le sigh.

Yeah, I think it'd be interesting to see someone do a little study on how labels and their designers relate to their famous clients and what impact that makes on their creativity and design.

I think this collection is simply a rehash of everything he's done before. It's so clearly aimed for Hollywood and especially the Kardashian clan. I doubt a designer who is unable to set himself/ herself free from constantly trying to gear towards a very specific clientele. Design something outside the box for once! We are bored!

Ugh, I really hate this collection! I can't remember the last time I've hated one this much; maybe Bill Gaytten's first collection for Dior. It's not necessarily because of the ghastly clothes, it's mainly because of what it represents and where it has come from.

I had always been indifferent towards Olivier. Sure he isn't the most talented designer out there but sometimes he tries, just a bit. This however, is simply just taking the piss. He needs to leave, especially if sales are not getting better and he should take his Kardasian-West friends with him. Let him go and design for Kim's label, he'd be way more suited there.

Seriously, are they delusional?
The way Kris Jenner is talking about his designs, you could believe that she is talking about ALAIA.
Different sizes and bodies? Really! I don't think he was thinking about that when designing pants with ruffles on a side and skirts that makes the hips larger.
It's funny that he is talking about different bodies when in fact his fashion is designed only for the bodies of his models....and somehow the Kardashians!

^ thats because kim dresses like a 5'11 model should dress, kanye gives her delusion that it suits her too :lol:

i dont get where he's coming from either, that was stupid comment in the vogue video

Love him or hate him he knows what people that actually spend on designer clothes nowadays want and he gives it to them. Lots of celebrity, press coverage and sales. The way many fashion houses are struggling to stay afloat making huge losses it would be a mistake to fire him.

Oliver just isn´t a designer and it becomes more clear with every single collection. There is no vision, no creativity - nothing. It's just beyond tacky, but apparently that appeals to a lot of people who buy the brand.

Having said that, I want to end on a positive note - Balmain always has one of the most diverse model castings of all shows. And I really applaud him for that!

Taking into consideration that Balmain's owner is trying to sell this Brand and the revenue could be much, much higher; I wouldn't be surprised if his days here are already numbered.

Source : WWD.com

It is final part of article, there is also complete show report

While Rousteing has his detractors, the Balmain business seems to be firing on all cylinders. Chief executive officer Emmanuel Diemoz declined to comment on a possible sale of the company, following the granting of a mandate to Bucéphale Finance, a boutique mergers and investment firm. Diemoz did say that Balmain’s retail expansion will finally hit America, with a boutique at 100 Wooster Street in New York now scheduled to open at the end of March.

The ruffles... I need Olivier to stay away... from the ruffles. It's not flattering to anyone. I applaud him for his continued diversity. It's the one thing I look forward to seeing at Balmain. Overall I liked some of the color palette. There are a few pieces that I could see myself wearing but mostly none of them.

He should try something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->