Battlestar Galactica

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
am i the only person that is shocked there is no thread on this?! especially seeing that they're in their final episodes. this has been,imo,one of the best american programs on television. it's got all the qualities of a cinematic release and i adore how in such a sci-fi scenario there is this strong emphasis on humanity and emotion. much in the same way that blade runner was so incredible as a story.

i've been watching this since it aired and truly sad to see something so high quality ending in such a short time.

NO, you're not the only one!

I'm savouring each episode of this last season.

So far, the 2nd part airing now didn't disappoint me. The writing and acting are top notch. Even Mary McDowell whose acting often iritates me delivered a very good performance.

Too bad BSG doesn't get more recognition... It's so not just your average (sci-fi) show.

i agree. mary was a bit cheesy in the earlier seasons but this last one,she's performed really well.

I love Battlestar Galactica so much that i'll probably cry during the last episode.

OMG - Battlestar Galactica is absolutely my favourite TV show. I can't believe there are only a few episodes left, when there is still so much left to explain. Gaius and Six are the best onscreen couple ever in my opinion.

after_eight, I guarantee that I will be crying too.

I KNEW IT!!
[careful, spoiler in white]
Looks like Hera wasn't the first cylon-human baby after all!! I loved last Friday episode so nicely written!
I didn't expect the turn of events with Boomer/valerii being so evil and machiavelic! Poor Chief and Athena!
Those last episodes are nerve wrentching but so far no disappointment.

I can't believe that after this Friday's episode, the beginning of the end comes a week later :(

So far, Blood on the Scales is my favorite episode from this half of the season.

And Aby, you're completely right. This show doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. Regardless, I believe this show will become an icon of the sci-fi genre and will become a major influence for the authors and directors of my generation who are morphing from adolescence to young adulthood at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't wait till friday's episode. after everything that went down last week,i am literally frightened for the human characters. i mean hera and now the ship seems to be falling apart.

and i am really keen to learn what is happening with starbuck...is she or isn't she?

omg,what revelation! i knew it was going to be something more extraordinary than she being mere cylon. wow. i love starbuck and for me she is the distinct character in this...

:cry: tomorrow night....i honestly think i will be.

I've never seen an episode.. only part of the film.. which was not exactly a masterpiece :lol:
So based on my limited experience with BG I have to say that I was rather shocked when I saw who had started the thread...:P ..and I had to read the posts..

..I'm guessing that the two can't be compared ?

:lol:

honestly the programme has evolved in such a strong way from the film....almost becoming its own entity. the story of the film was a jump-start point but it's progressed so beautifully.

what a dynamic and exciting end if not quite sad as well....so sad laura ends up dying when they get to earth and the revelation that starbuck's presence was really angelic and she just disappears.

but an end to a beautiful program...

apparently edward james directed a new tv film called "the plan" late last year bringing back some of the former cast members,particularly grace park,tricia helfer and michael trucco. and it begins before the 12 colonies are attacked and from the perspective of two cylon agents which i presume will be the six and another character since james callis as gaius isn't mentioned. it's not clear when it will be aired,either in june or in the autumn.

and then of course there's that new series called caprica but i am not too sure about it. it will never replace BG in my eyes.

I didn't want to come back to the thread before watching the finale.

I just can't believe this is it.

I'm going to miss the show so so much.

the only thing i didn't take to very much was the very end 150,000 years later in NYC(or a nyc-like modern society)....i just thought the message of that was already implied by the characters,especially lee,and unneeded.

but i still am not over it to be honest. it's too bad they couldn't have spun it in a new direction like what their lives will be like as inhabitants of the new world or something. could have been interesting. of course,like all stories,everything must have an ending,i suppose. and i think everything that happened from season 3 lead to this. and how about the cathedral dreams coming to fruition? i was hoping there would be an answer to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night, I had just finished watching episodes 19 & 20 so I was a bit at loss for words and shocked that this was the end.

I was also a bit frustrated because of some unexplained questions, especially the ones about Kara. So she was an angel, that's it?

I really thought her dad was the boxed n°7 cylon, explaining her connection to the song that triggered the last 4 and her "resurrection".

The opera house dream made me think that there'd more to it. Why Baltar, Caprica and Roslin were sharing that dream?

But I completely agree with you Scott, I'd love to see "BSG: A New Life on Earth"!

Though, the show without Kara, even Laura would leave a big void.

i agree aby, i read a nice point by a poster on somewhere i forget saying why make kara an angel when she had to go through all of the emotional baggage and all of those questions she herself had? why didn't they explain that revelation a bit more clearly? it makes all of what she went through in her 'resurrection' seem insubstantial.

the opera house thing,i believe was not even about any of them ultimately but hera. but i agree i don't really understand the whole connection aspect. why only those particular characters? i was assuming,maybe because when it began it was those characters that had been fighting demons so they needed that supernatural connection.

but yeah it would never be the same without kara if they had continued. if they had kept her prevalent,it would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->