Best Self-Tanners

Hello there.
I've read the whole thread from page 16,but nobody mentioned Estée Lauder's.What's up with them?^_^

Anyone tried the Victorias Secret Beach Tint? Ive seen great reviews about it on youtube.

has anyone tried the spray-on self-tanner from neutrogena?

right now i am using lancome and i like it a lot. the color is very natural, especially after your first shower post-application. the glow is kind of ridiculous. i use it on my face (though the bottle says it's just for the legs...give me a break!) and it only clogs my pores if i used it repeatedly for weeks straight (no matter how many masks/scrubs i use to de-clog). if i use it once a week, it just gives great color.

yeah best to use airbrush tans outside...they tend to stain the shower surfaces (cos ive tried it encloded in my standup shower grrr).

Avoid Xen Tan after day 1 i was left the colour of a carrot.

Ive recently discovered 'st moritz' which is like a budget st tropez....but i find it to be BETTER. It was £2.50 (YES!!) for a huge mouse bottle, and i think the colour really agrees with me...it doesnt seem to have any yellow/orange tints.

I always St. Tropez tanning and I find it great and recently I have been using Garnier Summer Body lotion which is a gradual tan but you see results instantly! When I woke up from using it two days in a row though it went blotchy and looked like I had a skin disorder, but after a few days it goes into a nice natural tan and it looks great. A bit wary on using it again incase I go blotchy again!

We need to have a poll on our votes for the best products... seems like everybody is popping in to check up on certain products.. :wink:

I have only dabbled on one occasion (this summer), using st tropez gradual tan. Just wanted to see what it would be like to *not* look like a phantom for a while:wink:

I heard quite a bit of praise about it online so gave it a whirl.

I found that no matter how much care in preparation and application you put into it, it will simply streak like merry hell during the night, even if you apply it in the morning of that day!
This is a shame, because the texture, tone, smell were quite wonderful, and control over depth of tan relatively easy. But sadly it i found it impossible to step outdoors with bare legs after only one nights sleep, and not even on a hot night.

I second the St Moriz (cheap, but IMO better version of St Tropez mousse) - I find that I get best results if I firstly moisturize (usually a big no no) my exfoliated skin with a gradual tanning moisturiser (Palmers version) and then use a tanning mitt to apply the St Moriz 10 minutes later!

FAKE BBAKE self tanning lotion

i usually only tan my legs in the summer because for some reason they just REFUSE TO TAN.:doh:
right now im using fake bake's self tanning lotion (~$28 at ULTA) and i have to say i like it. the color is very natural on my, although i have to admit its a TEENSY bit yellow (im pale but i have an olive undertone).

its good enough to finish the 6 ounce (~180ml) bottle, but i dont know if i'll repurchase.

i really want to try the xen-tan. It's supposed to have a green undertone to make the tan look natural. i figure that will be my best bet sinse i am pale with an olive undertone.

Does anyone have any comments n xen-tan?

I am currently using Le Tan original lotion and Face of Australia spray - both give a decent colour. Not really my favourites though.

I bought some St Moriz mousse off Ebay so I am looking forward to that coming in the post soon.

can anyone please recomend the best SPRAY TAN to get in NYC?

i've read Sundara is good... has anyone been there before?

thanks so much.

I've heard the Vaseline self-tanner is pretty good. It has excellent reviews on MUA too, has anyone tried it?

Ones that have been mentioned to me are AYU AmberKiss, and TBT TanEnvy applied with foam paint brushes every 3-4 days at night. UV light can be very carcinogenic to skin with freshly applied self-tanner.

Using a long handled foam paint brush or lotion applicator works for the back.

So this is the thread I should be looking at. So what i found out. I want a BROWN self-tan rather than a natural GOLDEN self-tan. I have come across LA Tan, St Moriz (which I heard the DARK mousse is good and is cheap as chips, but they changed the formula :( ). I recently bought a GOLDEN tan, didn't know much about products before buying it, however it is nonetheless a good product. It's called Sienna X. The best GOLDEN self-tan based on reviews is Nouvatan. I'm on the hunt for a BROWN self-tan though.

Ah, it is this time of the year again, hopes high and always end up disappointed :lol:

I have tried pretty much all the market products, Garnier, Loreal, Lumene, whatever consistencies; lotion, mousse, spray... With horrible consequences. I am very, very pale to begin with, so I guess the colors just don`t suit me. And no matter how well I prepare, I end up with uneven result.

The only decent outcome I`ve achieved with Dove Summer Glow lotion for fair skin (gradual), and even then I must mix it with lots and lots of body moisturizing lotion. Of course the tanning is minimal that way, almost unnoticeable.

Not to even start with the smell of these products, it is awful, even with Dove :doh:

I tried different self tanners too and end up being unsatisfied with all of them, even expensive ones. Too orange, too yellow, uneven skin tone, lines, peeling and whatnot. Until I tried Lavera Sun Sensitiv Self Tanning Lotion last summer, that one gave me a really natural and subtle sunkissed look, soft skin and doesn't have a terrible smell either. The ingredients are all natural too, if I recall them correctly.

Ah, it is this time of the year again, hopes high and always end up disappointed :lol:

I have tried pretty much all the market products, Garnier, Loreal, Lumene, whatever consistencies; lotion, mousse, spray... With horrible consequences. I am very, very pale to begin with, so I guess the colors just don`t suit me. And no matter how well I prepare, I end up with uneven result.

The only decent outcome I`ve achieved with Dove Summer Glow lotion for fair skin (gradual), and even then I must mix it with lots and lots of body moisturizing lotion. Of course the tanning is minimal that way, almost unnoticeable.

Not to even start with the smell of these products, it is awful, even with Dove :doh:

I used Dove Summer Glow MED-Dark. It only has a slight tan look. This is my before and after care for self-tanning. Exfoliate, then wait 30 mins before u apply the tan with a mitt, going round in circles. 2xpumps on arms, face, 4xpumps on legs, 1xpump chest, back, neck, shoulders. Sleep overnight with tan and wash off next thing in the morning. I had a glowing golden tan and no streaks. I like that it looks natural. I don't exfoliate until next time to tam again. I would go with award winning products. Here in UK, Sienna X have been winning awards, I've been using this and I'm gonna start trying out others such as Nouvatan which is all-natural.:flower:

Anyone know of any new good self tanners? I've tried a few different products from St Tropez, Xen-Tan, Dove, Neutrogena, Jergens, etc and I still haven't found the perfect, most natural looking, light tan. The sun's come out in England and I'm afraid I'm blinding everyone with my pale skin.

Do you guys think something like the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR will make you look more tanned even though it's just an oil?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of any new good self tanners? I've tried a few different products from St Tropez, Xen-Tan, Dove, Neutrogena, Jergens, etc and I still haven't found the perfect, most natural looking, light tan. The sun's come out in England and I'm afraid I'm blinding everyone with my pale skin.

Do you guys think something like the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR will make you look more tanned even though it's just an oil?

I use an aerosol spray, Infinity Sun Glow on the Go. It's organic and totally natural looking. You can spray it lightly, and it gives a nice glow, if you want a deeper tan, wait a couple hours and spray again! It's a company in California, since you're in the UK, it would be very expensive to pay the shipping costs, but I've also found it on Ebay before :smile:

I use an aerosol spray, Infinity Sun Glow on the Go. It's organic and totally natural looking. You can spray it lightly, and it gives a nice glow, if you want a deeper tan, wait a couple hours and spray again! It's a company in California, since you're in the UK, it would be very expensive to pay the shipping costs, but I've also found it on Ebay before :smile:

Thank you, I'll look out for it! :heart:

I have tested some of the Clarins self tanners in store, they all seem really natural which is great. I haven't made up my mind which exact product to buy yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->