Beyonce's House Of Dereon Line

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Yahoo! News
lthumb.ny11310071835.people_knowles_ny113.jpg

Beyonce to Launch Clothing Line

NEW YORK - In what is becoming a rite of passage for top music stars, Beyonce is adding fashion designer to her list of credits.

Beyonce plans to launch two clothing collections by next year, the fashion trade paper Women's Wear Daily reported Monday. Her design collaborator will be her mother, Tina Knowles, who's also Beyonce's stylist and the author of "Destiny's Style: Bootylicious Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Secrets From Destiny's Child" (Regan Books).

The first line will be more "funky and hip-hop," featuring T-shirts and jeans, while the other will be more like a designer collection with feminine dresses and separates, the duo described to WWD. "We want to bring some of the couture look to a broader public," Knowles said.

The 22-year-old added: "People my age love fashion and want to dress in designer clothes, but can't afford it. I want to do something that is affordable, but sophisticated and sexy and feminine — something I would wear."

Beyonce and her mother were front-row fixtures at both New York and Milan Fashion Weeks this season, and they said they were taking notes.

Sean "P. Diddy" Combs was among the first successful music-fashion crossovers with his Sean John collection, which has earned him several nominations from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

Since then, Jennifer Lopez's J.Lo line has been a strong retail performer, as has Jay-Z's Roc-A-Wear. Meanwhile, Kmart gave Latin star Thalia her own collection, and clothes from Gwen Stefani and Eve should be in stores this spring.

Opinions?

Please no! I don't think Beyonce has any style at all and I find it really annoying when celebrities release clothing lines. I hate the way Beyonce thinks she can do anything- singing, acting, designing... All I can say is I can't wait to see her designs.

hmm... her mother used to make her stuff when she was at Destiny's and she used to make similar stuff from Versace and other designers, when she wasnt that rich, so, I think she might be another knockoff designer :innocent: ...I smell tons of knockoff topics on this forum.. :lol: :doh:

it pisses me off too when stars design clothes, why can't they be happy sticking to what they are 'supposedly' good at, are they trying to take over the world..... :huh:

Things are just too accessable/ easy for them!!!!!

oh god pleas, i just hoep she dosnt knock of juicy liek jlo did

I'm sick and tired of these cross-over artists!

I like Beyonce and all, but what in the world would possess her to make her own clothing line? What makes her think that she deserves to do something like that?

I think it's funny how these stars try to release their own clothing lines, when in reality they have stylists and dressers pick out all their clothes for them. Ugh.

"We want to bring some of the couture look to a broader public,"

- via mamma knowles no less! goody goody!!
i cant wait to purchase a couture hot pant with break away skort covered in faux swarzovski attatched :woot:

I like Beyonce as well, she's a helluva singer, ok as an actress no worst than the model/actress/rapper etc, but I'm inclined to agree, its sooooo easy for celebs to do this now. But you know what why blame them? Blame the companies like Jones Apparel etc who ink these deals with them. Heck no her mom may be giving directions but Tina will so not be making final calls, this is all about making money and there will be a backlash I think. Sadly some very good designers who are young will feel the heat as well.

Anyways it makes me kinda sad, but frackem! Some will last some won't, the fashion business is soooo not easy to do and sooo unforgiving on the pockets.

Wait what I found funny when reading the WWD article on Monday was that Beyonce was saying that she really wasn't sure what direction she liked because they all looked so well, I mean in so many words she was saying she was gonna be a knockoff designer. She was like "they are giving me some good ideas" arghh :shock: :angry: :lol:

Oh no you have to see the horror of Eve's line. I like her too, one of the better dressers BUT Macy's has granted this women an entire street of windows :o Then they kill me, "I'm overseeing everything"...sure you are even while you're on tour uh huh sureeeee.

Fashion design looks glamorous but ooo the pressure of actually seeing a line through and trying to uplift it at the same time...please its one of the hardest gigs around if you ask me. Up there with brain surgery :innocent:

I'd have so much more respect if they'd go to school for design or have some actual love for it or actually did design it. I mean shouldn't P-diddy and them really let the "real" design team walk-out on stage during fashion week for fall? I say yes darnit!

Ok off my soapbox :flower:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 7th, 2003 - 9:51 pm

i cant wait to purchase a couture hot pant with break away skort covered in faux swarzovski attatched :woot:
:rofl: Lolita, you crack me up, girl! :lol:

seriously though, everyone wants to have a "Brand" nowdays. gone are the days when a singer was just a singer a moive star just an actor. now they open restaurants, "design" clothes, make
horrific perfumes, write childen's books...and many of us, mere mortals, can barely find ONE suitable profession! B)

How many talents can one person show they have before the general public starts to hate them? :flower:

Originally posted by Belowen@Oct 8th, 2003 - 12:22 am
How many talents can one person show they have before the general public starts to hate them? :flower:
And why do we hate talented people? I have no idea whether Beyonce can design a line of clothing or not but if she wants to try, that's fine by me. :flower:

I would do that too
and perhaps her designs aren't that bad. let's see first

I agree and I don't hate anyone, thats too strong of a word and I reserve it for things that I actually do hate :lol:

But no seriously I think most of us are just kinda seeing a trend, if she can design time will tell, but again from her own words she sounded like she was going to be doing a lot of err "inspirated by pieces". Merely annoying hardly anything to hate anyone for, but I do understand some of the grunting from the designers POV.

I don't hate Beyonce or any one else, and i specially don't hate people for their talents, if anything, talented people deserve respect & recognition. That's why i personally admire Beyonce as a singer and a performer. But IMO, you don't become a designer or a writer overnight, just like she did not become a singer & a dancer overnight. People go to school & work on their ideas & craft for years, and many of these people are truly talented, but it takes work & time to becoem successful. I think people are irked, by this trend of celebs doing ten things at the same time, and making money off it thanks to their names & their money which can be invested in numerous enterprises. They know that fame coems & goes quick, so they want to grab what they can while they still have a chance. I'm not being negative, this is just my perception of what's going on. :flower:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 8th, 2003 - 3:51 am

:lol: Sure,who wouldn't want to look like this ...?
mtv2001_3.jpg

Must be Création Maman Knowles:yuk:

Just for the record, I was only messing around :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->